My SA-CD Collection

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although you didn't ask me:

My niece tells me Prague is the most beautiful city she has ever seen.
Prague is wonderful and our favorite city to visit.

Did you buy all of those SA-CD's over there ?
I spent less than a week there but bought a lot of SACDs which, at the time, I had never seen or known of in the US. Of course, the live music was even better.

Kal

It's cool looking through the collections of others.

Have already discovered a couple of things that I didn't know were available on SACD (so the search begins) and artists that I've never heard of before whom I may now search out.

Have already discovered a couple of things that I didn't know were available on SACD (so the search begins) and artists that I've never heard of before whom I may now search out.

And so onto the dangerous "Wish List' you now venture :D

Too bad there isn't a DVD-A equivalent.

sa-cd.net is pretty cool. I like having the album pictures and a library option. I just wish Zeus (the admin/owner) would also add promo SACD's. I have a few (kinks 40th, Sam Cooke, etc) that I wouldn't mind keeping track of.

There is this for DVDA. But no library/wish list like SA-CD.net

I wonder if the admin on sa-cd.net (Zeus) would lend the infrastructure of the site to the admin for the DVDA titles to make it an easy switch?

You're quite welcome filper. I obviously have a ways to go to catch up to the rest of you, but I'm not bad off for a poor man's first year of collecting.

I was just "rewarded" today with Foreigner 4 and Alan Parsons I Robot so I'll be adding those soon to my DVD-A page.

I see most, if not all of you have Beck's Sea Change in your SACD collections. I personally like having the visuals and videos of the DVD-A edition instead and since the SACD isn't a hybrid, I don't miss out on having a CD layer for my car or office.

To see my collections, look down ;)

... I see most, if not all of you have Beck's Sea Change in your SACD collections. I personally like having the visuals and videos of the DVD-A edition instead and since the SACD isn't a hybrid, I don't miss out on having a CD layer for my car or office....

Hmm. You're tempting me to open the DVD-A copy I have.

I just picked up the DVD-A for trade and I'm not sure if I'm keeping it and trading the SACD. but like most people here I will most likely end up with both.

I just picked up the DVD-A for trade and I'm not sure if I'm keeping it and trading the SACD. but like most people here I will most likely end up with both.

That's my problem as well, I start out with the SACD then get the DVD-A (if there is one, and vice-versa) but never can decide which to get rid of so I wind up keeping them both. Then of course I usually have the original vinyl too, so it gets the wife a bit flustered with all of the stuff in the house! :D

-Bob

Filper, the DVD-A is only worth about $40 these days. I say open it and enjoy the videos. If you do so, please let us know if you noticed any big difference in surround mixes.

Anyone own both formats of Gaucho and care to comment on any differences (besides the obvious ones)?

I own the hybrid SACD and enjoy it for it's versatility between home and the car/office, but I'm really eager to hear and see the DVD-A version as well. The SACD is OOP while the DVD-A is not for those who still haven't picked this up (shame on you!) :mad:

Dan

Back