Nektar Remember The Future SACD on pre-order

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sspsandy

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Heres the lastest news from Eclectic Discs:\

REMEMBER THE FUTURE - Dream Nebula DNECD 1204

Hybrid SACD 5.1 Surround Sound Release

As part of the on going reissue programme of Nektar’s catalogue by Eclectic Discs, on the specially established DREAM NEBULA imprint, the album which made NEKTAR a major act in Europe and the USA, has been remastered for presentation in 5.1 Surround Sound.

It can be pre-ordered at:
http://www.eclecticdiscs.com/about_eclectic.htm

I guess enough folks e-mailed them about this title to make it viable.

That's great news! I was going to email them but the link seemed to disappear at the time. I'll be looking forward to this...

timbre4 said:
That's great news! I was going to email them but the link seemed to disappear at the time. I'll be looking forward to this...

I ordered mine last night. Hey Sandy, do you know if they are going to release A Tab in the Ocean on MC SACD? If so, I will rethink the remastered CD. Great news though, I can't wait! :D Mike.

Right now, the only other title slated for m/c treatment is Down To Earth. I imagine that dependent on how well these titles do will determine future m/c titles. On a related note, according to Nektar Management, all these SACDs are entirely new mixes taken from the original master tapes and redone for m/c by Roundhouse studios, the original recording studio. None of the original lps were taken directly from the original tapes, but were several generations lower. So the sound on these should be great.

sspsandy said:
Right now, the only other title slated for m/c treatment is Down To Earth. I imagine that dependent on how well these titles do will determine future m/c titles. On a related note, according to Nektar Management, all these SACDs are entirely new mixes taken from the original master tapes and redone for m/c by Roundhouse studios, the original recording studio. None of the original lps were taken directly from the original tapes, but were several generations lower. So the sound on these should be great.

I'm sure you are right there. If the interest in the initial discs is driven in part by their being Surround SACDs, that will encourage the label to do more that way.

"One more month to wait.... geez, even I am anticipating an amazing reincarnation of this, my absolute favourite debut album.
For those wishing to get in on the first issues, I'd strongly recomend pre-ordering thru Vicky at the official Nektar website before the pressings are distributed... the fans get first dibs on them when they're first available, because only a limited pressing is scheduled on the first run."

I posted the previous message in the wrong thread, it is about the upcoming Journey To The Center Of The Eye release. However, the same thing applies.

A decision was made to release Tab and Recycled as remastered CDs first, decision to do the SACD releases came later, and the master tapes for Journey and RTF were the most viable for SACD. Since they are going through all the multitracks separately for the new MC mix, it is a time consuming and costly project. However, they did find the original studio recording of the Recycled album, which was only the 4 core members and is a different version, which will be included on the remastered cd.

I received an email yesterday saying that RTF will be shipping next week..

:)

Nektar along with Camel will be touring US and Canada in September..

They will be playing in Toronto at the Opera House on either 9/21 or 9/22.. I'll be going for sure..

It must be close to 30 years since I last saw them..

I'me really looking forward to the SACD 5.1 remix of RTF from the original master tapes. Based on the Journey To The Center Of The Eye release, which is awesome, this should really be something. :51banana:

Has anyone been able to find this yet??? I believe it was supposed to be released yesterday.
Tim

sspsandy said:
I received an e-mail from Nektar management that this title is out and has been shipped. Since it is coming from the UK it takes over a week to get to the US, so I haven't received my copy yet. You can purchase it at http://www.eclecticdiscs.com/

Thanks for the info Sandy....My local Tower Records(in North New Jersey) has had these new Nektar releases coming in so I've been lucky to get them for $19.99 so far. I'm really looking fwd to RTF in surround!

I received this email this morning:

RTF SACD 5.1 has gone out yesterday and today to all that have purchased.

Everyone therefore should receive it within the next 7 days. If you do not then let me know.

--

Back