New Nosound album in 5.1, out early 2013

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent...first copies arriving :)

If anyone is curious read this thread to learn something more about Nosound, to celebrate the album release date we delivered yesterday a brand new website with lots of informations, discography, lyrics, bio, audio and video material etc.

Probably as soon as we'll announce a maybe-soon-forthcoming new surround dvd-a release, we'll add a specific section about the surround sound and Nosound albums...

http://www.nosound.net

Looking forward to read first impressions!

My copy arrived this morning after the Bank Holiday here in the UK, and luckily I've taken the week off!

So I've just listened to the 5.1 Hi-Res mix, loud, and love it, I particularly like "I Miss The Ground", and I'm intrigued by the Italian on "Paralysed" it fits the track nicely - when I'm back at work I'll get an Italian colleague to translate! The extra effort on sound quality certainly works, and thanks to KScope for letting the artist's view take the lead on a release.

So Giancarlo, and the rest of the band, a nice one :)

Cheers

Duncan

....and I'm looking forward to the other 5.1 releases you hinted at in your post.

Hi Duncan,

thanks! I think someone said wanted to create a Poll for Afterthoughts...I hope there will be one soon and with some feedback, and I'll make sure it's linked from our website.

I'd like more and more people being aware of the advantage of getting, almost free, a dvd audio surround and compatible with all dvd video players!

Mine arrived today nice package and the bonus disc a nice touch thanks to Giancarlo and Burning shed

Now I just have to find some time to listen to it

Hi Jon thanks for the poll...we'll follow it closely :)

Rusinurbe glad to hear you received everything including the extra bonus disc! Looking forward to read thoughts and comments on the poll page.

In the poll thread there has been some problems with playback on Oppo & Pioneer kit.

I've had no problems with Denon DBP-21012UD or a really old Pioneer DV-565A.

Duncan thanks! :)

It seems something related to very specific models, we'll try to sort it out somehow next time..important thing is that is anyway at the end and the tracks play, I already have some possible workaround for that so will try.

Happy to see the feedbacks on the poll...so far so good, these are days of talking with Kscope about the next one, that poll is showing them there's an interest!

This is a wonderful disc; I highly recommend it. Unfortunately, the third time I played it with my Oppo BDP-83, the disc would not eject. I eventually got the disc out of the player, but I've had to send the player to Oppo for repairs. I have no idea if the disc had anything to do with the problem, but it did have the problem of the time counter being "off"/songs not advancing to the next. I sent the disc with the player, so maybe they'll figure something out.

Thanks for your kind words about the album :)

Sorry to hear about your player..I hope they'll shed some light on what happened to your player. Anyway also thanks to the help here we spotted what probably caused the player on those two players and we'll make sure to address next time this specific issue (some of you offered to test next disc on this specific player(s) and we'll for sure do it). Hopefully when the next time will be soon and I'll be able to announce it..

Oppo did their usual stellar job of customer service on my player; it was outside of the warranty period, but I had to pay only for the shipping to them. My question is: Should I be worried about playing this wonderful album now? I was able to get the player to eject the disc by doing a "manual" procedure that I found on the internet, but that procedure effectively disabled the player. When Oppo sent back the player and the disc, they said that "the latest firmware has been installed." I wonder if that means they developed new firmware to address the problems with the player playing/ejecting this disc, or if that's just the standard message they send when returning a player after repairs.

Is anybody with an Oppo 83 still having problems playing this disc after loading the latest firmware?

Is anybody with an Oppo 83 still having problems playing this disc after loading the latest firmware?
Which disc are you referring to? The Afterthoughts disc has a time counter problem but not ejecting.

Which disc are you referring to? The Afterthoughts disc has a time counter problem but not ejecting.

See my post #112.

This is a wonderful disc; I highly recommend it. Unfortunately, the third time I played it with my Oppo BDP-83, the disc would not eject. I eventually got the disc out of the player, but I've had to send the player to Oppo for repairs. I have no idea if the disc had anything to do with the problem, but it did have the problem of the time counter being "off"/songs not advancing to the next. I sent the disc with the player, so maybe they'll figure something out.

I don't really care that much about the time/counter problem, but I'm leery about playing the disc if it might cause the ejection problem. Maybe I should have been more clear in my question: Has anybody with an Oppo 83 had problems ejecting this disc, either before or after updating to the latest firmware?

Hi Paligap,

as far as I know there was not such problem on Afterthoughts, only that counter one (not too big as you said, enough to skip from remote at the end of the track). With the new Lightdark that problem also is gone :)

G

I'm quickly posting here as well only because quite a few of you followed the Lightdark 2013 release (dedicated topic here)

Nosound - Lightdark 2013 preorders are now open at http://store.nosound.net, and there's also a new promo website http://www.lightdark.net you can download free track 'Kites' in FLAC 24/48 stereo & surround!

First batch of orders of the bundle cd/dvd-a and vinyl and vinyl alone will get a free signed A4 litho artprint. The album is available in cd (remastered) & dvd-a/v rigid digibook containing also 24/48 stereo and surround mixes (never released before), two extra video contents including Kites video in surround. It's also available in limited double white vinyl 180gr.

As usual, my most sincere gratitude to this amazing forum for the support (both with topics and sales), ideas, suggestions, help and testing...without you all this release would not be out now :)

Wow! (Just now catching up with this thread) A big thank-you to all the QQers that played a role in bringing this to DVD-A. Well done :sun

Back