New SA-8000x with questions and Howdy

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsujeep

Hello everyone nice to meet you.

I am new to this forum and to quad in general, had someone give me a technics sa-8000x and a rs-858dus. The 8000 is functional, but a little dirty and is currently soaking in deoxit. The 858 will not power up and I am not too sure I will spend much time working that one over as I have some quad lp's and a few TT's with quad carts, most notably my AT20SLa. I have 2 pair of Boston A150's to use with the 8000.

I have a question about the 8000 if anyone has the owners manual I would love a copy of it, and more specifically I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the cartridge selector switch on the back does.

Have a great day and thanks for looking.

I own an SA-8000x as well as a user manual and schematic, but unfortunately all this stuff is in storage 10,000km away from here. So I can't help you out with copies.
But, the cartridge selector is for MM and Semiconductor. Not for MC if you hoped for this.

The 8000x was my first quad receiver and liked it much. It's CD-4 decoder is not bad. One of the early designs, all built from discrete elements, with tiny carrier level adjustment knobs on the front. For SQ I kooked up a Sony SQD 2020.
Later it had to make room for a QRX 9001.

I own an SA-8000x as well as a user manual and schematic, but unfortunately all this stuff is in storage 10,000km away from here. So I can't help you out with copies.
But, the cartridge selector is for MM and Semiconductor. Not for MC if you hoped for this.

The 8000x was my first quad receiver and liked it much. It's CD-4 decoder is not bad. One of the early designs, all built from discrete elements, with tiny carrier level adjustment knobs on the front. For SQ I kooked up a Sony SQD 2020.
Later it had to make room for a QRX 9001.

Thanks for the info, I was a little curious as to what semiconductor stood for. I did a search of the site and found a couple threads with really good info on the subject. I am just having fun putting this thing back together right now. I need to take it apart further to get to the carrier adjustment pots so I can deoxit them. I have the SM so I will have to spend a few more $ to get the OM. The guy who gave them to me is still searching for the OM and claims he kept all of it so I will keep hoping that it shows up.

Thanks to both of you for the info and Happy Thanksgiving.

Attachments

• IMG_1309.JPG
    IMG_1309.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 110
Back