New Surround Master coming! Its a jump to the left and a step to the right

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear All

Dave the bitch (Overture) is testing the thing out and has got pretty blue lights happening on the front panel.....the rest we are working on!

IMG_20190118_145729__1547816402_112.141.53.192.jpg

Patience

Dear Surround extremists

Finally some touchy feely stuff on the new super surround master. Here are the actual front and back panels of the new box. The circuit boards are in production (just 5 proto's ) and I should have them just before Xmas, we will come in over the holiday to get it working as we will be demoing it in the NAMM show in January in LA.

Its really happening!!!!View attachment 36929

Can we bombard the processor/receiver manufacturers with these pictures to explain why their stuff needs to have analog inputs!!!!!????

Tell me......I saw it in my last job....horrific.

The endless procession of teleconference calls and meetings...I've been there and done that...and I know you have...everybody vying for attention...throwing out proposals just to get noticed by upper level management....a wicked cycle...

Success!!!

Dave the Bitch (Overture) managed to get the new prototype surround master going today. Worst thing is all the pots are in reverse! Fools. Easy fix on next production version.

I will take photos of the assembled beast for you guys tomorrow. We will be showing it at the NAMM show in LA later this week. ope to see you guys there.

Regards

Chucky

Not sure I'm understanding, does this take a stereo signal and output a quad or 5.1 sound? If so what would you compare it to? Thanks

Not sure I'm understanding, does this take a stereo signal and output a quad or 5.1 sound? If so what would you compare it to? Thanks

Yes that's correct and on our tests with panels of 11 people the around 5 preferred our decode, 3 preferred discrete and 3 could not pick the difference - on pre encoded material. I could dig out the actual report but my main computer has died and i have not recovered it yet

Success!!!

Dave the Bitch (Overture) managed to get the new prototype surround master going today. Worst thing is all the pots are in reverse! Fools. Easy fix on next production version.

I will take photos of the assembled beast for you guys tomorrow. We will be showing it at the NAMM show in LA later this week. ope to see you guys there.

Regards

Chucky

Not to worry! Once it crosses the equator the Coriolis Effect will take over and they'll work as intended! You can even market them as "Northern Hemisphere" models.

I know, Coriolis doesn't work that way - worth the joke though. Nice to see the unit electrified and working... excited to get one when they come out.

Ace!
Besides all else looking forward to discovering what TSS brings since I have conventional speakers not bipolar E Stats. Was this not something specially designed to go with the Y4 Stats?

Back