New To Quadrophonic Equipment. Any Help Greatly Appreciated.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see anything wrong with us kids getting into vintage quad. My first taste of Quad was when I was 14. I found an Enoch Light Q8 mixed in with all the 8-tracks at my local book store. I've always been an avid 8-track collector, so it only seemed natural to get into the Q8 format.

When I finally got a job, I slowly built up a collection. 10 years ago, you could snag most Q8's on ebay for $10-$20. I found a few more at local record stores, book shops etc.

It took forever to save up, but I bought vintage equipment. It sounds better, it looks better and it completes the "feel".

As for the animosity towards the younger members? It's called "Old Fart Syndrome" and I've had to deal with it in the Muscle Car community as well.

Some "Old Farts" would accuse me of being a rich punk, or tooling around in Daddy's car. :rolleyes: Quad or Cars, every penny has been my own money and I appreciate it that much more. Have I made mistakes along the way? I sure as hell have!

Have I destroyed any Q8's in my time? Sure have. Three two be exact. The splice let go during playing and the damn machine ate 'em up. I'm sure that's happened to lots of folks and probably felt just as bad as I did.

Have I broken my cars? Sure have! Blown two transmissions in my Javelin either racing or showing off. Did it cost me? Yup. But it was all money I earned. I still love my car but I take better care of her these days.

Some folks just gotta learn not to type-cast people. Not all of us are trust-fund babies. Not all of us are daddies little angels either.

Back