October 2023 D-V SACD Releases (Isley Bros, O’Jays, Enoch Light, Tony Mottola, Henry Mancini)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which ones exactly are the new ones? I’m driving and it’s hard for me to tell, but when I click your link, I think I see new ones, but then it continues to show some older ones.

Which ones exactly are the new ones? I’m driving and it’s hard for me to tell, but when I click your link, I think I see new ones, but then it continues to show some older ones.
Pull over and dig the top 6, including an O'Jays 3-fer and an Isley Bros 2-fer! The Paul Mauriat is stereo, but my Surround Master will make it glorious quad!

Last edited:
I guess this is Mr. Dutton's way of making these releases an early Christmas present.

Mancini, yes please!
Mottola, yes please!
Light, yes please!
Isley and O'Jays, removed from the top oh my wish list!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

This calls for mucho bananas

:rocks:QQlove:dance:hi:SG:SB:51QQ🍌

wow, guys and gals!! 🤯🥳

wow 😳🤩

it's been worth the wait for this new DV batch because for me there's some really big news here!! 💘🤤🥰💝

1.) the Project 3 Quad mastertapes exist!! (including some of the finest examples of 4-corner mega discrete "knock you over the head" mixes you'll hear!!)

2.) The Isley Brothers "Heat Is On" long-rumoured and Previously Unreleased (!) on disc Quad exists in the vaults after all and here it is from the never before seen or heard SQ Quad mastertapes!!!

3.) we're getting The Isley's "Harvest For The World" (what an album!!) in discrete Quad disc form for the first time ever!!

4.) and a reissue of The O'Jays "Ship Ahoy" Quad! a stunning Soul album and Quad mix, of which the very rare old SACD (now 20 years out of print!) regularly goes for silly money!!

5.) the first discrete Quad disc release of The O'Jays "Message In The Music", for me one of the CBS stable of labels' finest hours in Quad with a most accomplished and very modern-sounding mix (the Live album is not your typical ambient style mix either, it has lots of separation!)

6.) tons of fun Henry Mancini Quad mixes!! the Sousa disc alone is a hoot! i used to love that one on CD-4! woosh!!! zoom!!! umm... WHIZZBANG!!!

instant buy of the whole floomin' lot 😎😍✌️

My wallet just saw the DV list screamed and tried to jump out the window
Hes on suicide watch now.

I have Go For Your Guns in stereo it will be great finally listening in quad. And Ships Ahoy what can I say...
what can you say?! well i say;

"glory Hallelujah!! put your hands together and let us pray!!!" 🙏🥰

it's time to get down to the DV sound and some seriously good ol! Quad!! 🤩😋

wow, guys and gals!! 🤯🥳

wow 😳🤩

it's been worth the wait for this new DV batch because for me there's some really big news here!! 💘🤤🥰💝

1.) the Project 3 Quad mastertapes exist!! (including some of the finest examples of 4-corner mega discrete "knock you over the head" mixes you'll hear!!)

2.) The Isley Brothers "Heat Is On" long-rumoured and Previously Unreleased (!) on disc Quad exists in the vaults after all and here it is from the never before seen or heard SQ Quad mastertapes!!!

3.) we're getting The Isley's "Harvest For The World" (what an album!!) in discrete Quad disc form for the first time ever!!

4.) and a reissue of The O'Jays "Ship Ahoy" Quad! a stunning Soul album and Quad mix, of which the very rare old SACD (now 20 years out of print!) regularly goes for silly money!!

5.) the first discrete Quad disc release of The O'Jays "Message In The Music", for me one of the CBS stable of labels' finest hours in Quad with a most accomplished and very modern-sounding mix (the Live album is not your typical ambient style mix either, it has lots of separation!)

6.) tons of fun Henry Mancini Quad mixes!! the Sousa disc alone is a hoot! i used to love that one on CD-4! woosh!!! zoom!!! umm... WHIZZBANG!!!

instant buy of the whole floomin' lot 😎😍✌️
You are such a smooth talker, Adam, that I too have ordered every single one of these fine releases. 🙂
What a year and Friday will bring more goodies.
Somebody pinch me. Is it for real, what's happening to our glouriarse pastime, hobby and total delight.
WAHOO

Back