October 2023 D-V SACD Releases (Isley Bros, O’Jays, Enoch Light, Tony Mottola, Henry Mancini)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to put my two cents in, I just fired up the O'Jays' SHIP AHOY on my new system for the first time and track 2, the titular SHIP AHOY shows no extraneous 'clicking' sounds ... just pure bliss from both front and rear matched self amped speakers with prodigious amounts of bass coming from both front and rears. And since I don't own the early 00 5.1 surround SACD, I cannot comment on that particular disc for comparison!

Played on the OPPO 205 at 75 db!

Just to put my two cents in, I just fired up the O'Jays' SHIP AHOY on my new system for the first time and track 2, the titular SHIP AHOY shows no extraneous 'clicking' sounds ... just pure bliss from both front and rear matched self amped speakers with prodigious amounts of bass coming from both front and rears. And since I don't own the early 00 5.1 surround SACD, I cannot comment on that particular disc for comparison!

Played on the OPPO 205 at 75 db!
See now you're just bragging.
J/K! All's good that sounds good!

Actually I appreciate those two cents and not leaving well enough alone, because that sent me off doing what @steelydave @mandrix and others suggested and now I'm convinced I have a bum disc. It's not my AVR because I confirmed it's doing the exact same thing on a Yahama RX-V465, and it's not the UBP-X700 because I verified the same issue on a Sony BDP S5100 as well as using my Mac's multi-drive. So now I know it's happening across multiple file types, multiple AVRs and multiple players. I'm gonna reach out as suggested though I'm not certain how they will be able to guarantee a clean copy because I think we also know that it's an issue on two discreet rips from two different discs, too. Hm.

Last edited:
Actually I appreciate those two cents and not leaving well enough alone, because that sent me off doing what @mandrix and others suggested and now I'm convinced I have a bum disc. It's not my AVR because I confirmed it's doing the exact same thing on a Yahama RX-V465, and it's not the UBP-X700 because I verified the same issue on a Sony BDP S5100 as well as in stereo from my Mac's CD drive. So now I know it's happening across multiple file types, multiple AVRs and multiple players. I'm gonna reach out like SteelyDave suggested though I'm not certain how they will be able to guarantee a clean copy because I think we also know that it's an issue on two discreet rips from two different discs, too. Hm.
Rusty if you're convinced the disc is bad, go for it. I agree it would seem strange your AVR is doing it in the middle of a disc, when everything else plays fine.

Rusty if you're convinced the disc is bad, go for it. I agree it would seem strange your AVR is doing it in the middle of a disc, when everything else plays fine.
They always say to clean the disc before playing as sometimes manufacturing debris attaches itself to the disc. IMO, D~V in all my dealings with them has an excellent track record in the industry for producing quality product! And I have about 99.9% of all their SACDs, multi and stereo and a slew of their RBCD two fers.

BTW, Michael Dutton, when is your NEW batch coming out ..... to coincide, hopefully, with SPRING FEVER! 🌺🌸🌻

Back