Ok, Pick Just ONE title you REALLY, REALLY WANT IN MC(with conditions)....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm...Sounds like I'll have to check out the Queen II (2011 SHM-SACD) via the Surround Master.... :eek:

I've not heard any of the Universal Bob Ludwig remasters but they're said to have been seriously spruced up compared to the old CDs, complete with modern mastering DR compression etc.. already owning every other version of their albums I don't really have the desire to get yet another set of masterings but I'll probably get round to it someday.

"Manfred Manns`s Earth Band - Solar Fire"

Most time i listen to music with headphones (in the train on my way to work and back).
I prefer rock, and there are many albums i can see no reason for a remix in surround, stuff like AC/DC is well done in stereo.
Prog-Rock and Art-Rock bands are better suitable for some channels more, the releases from the last years have proven this.
"Solar Fire" is one of the proggiest albums from Manfred Mann, there are even some Pink Floyd related sounds on it.

It`s on top of my wishlist for MC because I have such an exact imagination how this album should sound in surround:
For example:"Bass guitar and drums on front, keyboards on rear, the barking dog alternately from different speakers...", and so on.
Something like this are my thoughts during the listening time and i even hear the final mix in my head !

I have not got this imagination with others albums i would like to have mixed to surround:
Radioheads "OK Computer" would also fit well for 5.1, but i couldn`t say where to place which instrument.

I would like to hear Cream (Studio or Live) in surround. So far HD tracks has high rez file. It would be great if this was produced as a blu-ray audio.

My #1 choice would be:

frankzappa.jpg

Hah!

Wishes do come true...... :banana:

I have Close to the Edge, but I don't have The Yes Album or Relayer yet in 5.1 on BD. I prefer Relayer for the musicianship, but I see that TYA is ranked very high. If I could only afford 1, which do you think?

Metallica - Master of Puppets (this was hard, even though I dont liesten to MEtallica that mcuh anymore. but hell I will go back if this gets out!)

There's a fan made DTS Upmix knocking about which shows the potential of this.

I'm gonna cheat and pick one more - Elvis Costello 'Imperial Bedroom'.

OMG OMG OMG -Snoods alltime fave EC album - saw him on that tour also :dance: - such a fantastic piece of work - do think this was his masterpiece. :banana:

Bluemonk U Rox!!!

OMG OMG OMG -Snoods alltime fave EC album - saw him on that tour also :dance: - such a fantastic piece of work - do think this was his masterpiece. :banana:

Bluemonk U Rox!!!

Thanks Snoodles. :) It's my favorite EC as well. Fantastic tunes with wonderfully ornate arrangements just screaming for a 5.1 mix. I'm envious that you saw that tour.

I have Close to the Edge, but I don't have The Yes Album or Relayer yet in 5.1 on BD. I prefer Relayer for the musicianship, but I see that TYA is ranked very high. If I could only afford 1, which do you think?

My vote would be for TYA. Just received Relayer the other day and it's new to me, so maybe time will change my thinking on that.

IMHO, my favorite Tull album! I have a three disc expanded import. It does have a live concert DVD-V (audio only), which features discrete info on all three front channels.

I'm not sure how many channels SU's master tape has, but I would love to hear it in 4.0 or 5.1. Broadsword is another I would SO love to hear in surround.

tull stand up

Back