Ok, Pick Just ONE title you REALLY, REALLY WANT IN MC(with conditions)....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:51banana:

Andreas Vollenweider - White winds
:51banana:

Wow, I know this cd inside and out...I remember when I was a DJ :phones in WRPC-FM Radio Heavy(RIP...which was everything BUT Heavy) in Mayagüez, PR '84-'86... Toñito the programmer had this 45 with the cool cover painting (by Andreas, btw), and he gave it to me..it was one of the first cds I ever bought!! ...been hooked ever since... "Down to the Moon" would be great too...

I would nominate Enya's "Watermark" too, but we only get one, so I'll stick to Kate's "The Dreaming"
:cool::cool::cool:

Well, hundreds come to mind but the choice is one only so I'll let everyone else pick the biggies and I will vote for (wait for it), The United States Of America. I always wondered what this would sound like in 5.1. Groovy.

The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle, BS
The Mirror Conspiracy, Thievery Corporation
The Last Emperor, OST

Only one? That's really hard! My first thought was Alan Parson's Project I Robot, but wasn't that one done on Quad? (sorry, I'm strictly a modern-era 5.1 surround afficiondo).

I thought seriously about Todd Rundgren - Something/Anything?, which would be awesome in 5.1, especially as a double album.

But in the end, I decided on Gentle Giant - Octopus. Their style seems tailor-made for surround, with their multi-part layered vocals and instruments. This unique band has never been matched by anyone since. Most of their CD's were remastered a few years back, and the sound quality is great. Adding a 5.1 surround mix would be heaven to my ears!

I think the last times this question has come up I've picked The Dandy Warhols - Welcome to the Monkey House and Pink Floyd - Piper at the Gates of Dawn. Today I will say Primus - Animals Should Not Try to Act Like People. This will make me 0 for 3.

ELO-Eldorado

I'm choosing that under the added assumption that my wish would be granted BUT there would never, ever be another 5.1 hi res disc made.

Made it tougher to choose:)

Sals

Ambrosia's "Somewhere I've Never Traveled".
A vastly under-rated album very well done (and produced by Alan Parsons)

-Bob

I've already picked mine - "Spilt Milk" by Jellyfish - but I second your motion.

When I first became able to create a CD of an album, back in 1999, "Somewhere I've Never Traveled" was the first "conversion" I made. It was at least a few more years before it was finally released on CD.

Ambrosia's "Somewhere I've Never Traveled".
A vastly under-rated album very well done (and produced by Alan Parsons)

-Bob

I was absolutely thrilled when I could actually get it on cd. Imagine a 5.1 mix.... it would be breathtaking. Absolutely one of my favorite albums ever!!

Back