Oppo BDP-93 Networking Universal Blu-ray Player

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This box has an e-sata port and after a look at the manual, i still am unsure about what it will play. Should it not, since it is multichannel, allow a hard drive full of recorded music to play back. Fantom drives work very well, and i just picked up another 2 tb drive for $99 at tiger. These have e sata ports, which just blaze, and i have 6 drives with no failures yet. Just thinking this would be an easy way to play a quad catalog. I know it would play stored dts etc. But will it play a file with 4 wave files like sound forge?

AVCHD, MP4, DivX, MKV, APE, FLAC, WAV and other audio/video/picture files on recorded discs, USB or eSATA drives can be played back on the BDP-93. For audio, it will play up to 24/192 resolution and up to 5.1 channels are possible.

AVCHD, MP4, DivX, MKV, APE, FLAC, WAV and other audio/video/picture files on recorded discs, USB or eSATA drives can be played back on the BDP-93. For audio, it will play up to 24/192 resolution and up to 5.1 channels are possible.

Will it play DVDA copies with watermarks?

Last edited:
Nuforce will have their version of the new Oppo´s and an upgrade for the BDP 83.

This topic is used for all things Nuforce Edition for OPPO models.
You guys are in for a SHOCK beyond belief what we have accomplished.

OPPO BDP-93 Nuforce Edition is done and in production. We will demo it at CES 2011. Come and hear how this player rival a $10,000 CD player sound quality. We designed the audio board from the ground up, not modified from OPPO board.

There will be several versions:
BDP-93NE, 93 Nuforce Xtreme Edition (NXE) and 95 NXE.
We didn't leave out the 83 customers. A special 83NXE upgrade board will be available for 83 customers at a much lower price.

This is an early announcement and final plan could change as we are still working on NXE.
We will post technical descriptions in the next few days.

source:http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=89685.0

I'm confused!
They left out good to best.
Am I to assume that the NE is good, Xtreme is better and NXE is best?
I feel that there will be a cost of diminishing returns on the NuForce models and will stick with the basic BDP-95.

Check out OPPO's web site.

They are releasing (ETA March, 2011) another BD player, the BDP-95.
It will have all of the video and digital audio features of the BDP-93,
with upgraded DACs, and a fully balanced stereo XLR output.

The only feature it doesn't have is inputs (HDMI for multi-channel,
Coaxial SPDIF for stereo), so it could be used as an external DAC.

Steven

I've waited this long with my 970, sounds like I should start saving my pennies for the 95.....

The Oppo BDP-95, looks to be a feature packed unit;

BDP-95-back.jpg
BDP-95-front.jpg

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-95/blu-ray-BDP-95-Features.aspx

I signed up to be notified when available but no mention of price yet.

I think the 93 is a significant cosmetic upgrade from the 83, which was not a bad looking player itself. But the 95 is hideous imo. Way too curvy. Reminds me of an Xbox 360.

Could someone who has a new Oppo 93 please check it can handle watermarking like the 83.

Thx

Wap

Some early reports indicate the BDP-9x models using the newer MediaTek MT8530HEFG don't have the DVD-A truncation issue of the BDP-8x players. Unfortunately I don't think that means the BDP-8x players can be fixed unless MediaTek comes up with a solution for the MT8520 based players and MediaTek and Oppo may already know if that is possible or if it is even being addressed. I can't say either way but I do suspect the issue is unsolvable on the old players. I do have a BDP-93 and BDP-83 and can confirm the issue with the 83 then compare that to the 93 on specific discs if somebody can name discs and tracks to check.

I almost always just put DVD-As in and play them all the way through and never noticed the issue, I had to read about it here and elsewhere despite having some of the problem DVD-As. Whether or not the BDP-9x players will not have the issue at all isn't clear but we should be able to get to the answer by checking specific tracks known to have the issue.

Well kudos to OPPO for all the quality and attention to customer care they give but I would think they would want to eliminate this problem with their new models. I can't see spending twice the price for a BDP 95 and having the truncation still occur.

Back