Oppo club

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been following the firmware updates of Oppo players any more but I know that Oppo removed the SACD-R playback support from 10X players a year (?) ago. I know that it can be set back with custom fw's but I don't know if it's the case with official fw's, too.

ah! news to me! Sorry for incorrect info! C-Scr's they used to do it just fine! I guess you just need to convert them to dvd audio? ( I guess you need a PS)

Note that while the 103 will play multi channel FLAC, it will not play them gaplessly. So if you have tracks as separate files that run straight into each other musically, the Oppo will insert a small gap of silence as it changes file. Multiple attempts to point out the importance of this to Oppo going back at least as far as the 93/95 (I have a 95) have fallen on deaf ears.

People are correct to tell you that SACD-R playback has been removed from recent 103/105 firmware, at the insistence of the film studios and music industry. Something similar happened to me, early 93/95 firmware supported ISO image file playback but that was removed at the insistence of the studios.

Oppo players are gradually losing everything that made them worth buying. They've grown too big as a company and the studios are stamping down and preventing them being a truly universal player. The studios are not winning any friends here with this behaviour.

Note that while the 103 will play multi channel FLAC, it will not play them gaplessly. ...

If memory serves Oppo have improved the gapless file playback on Oppo 10X.

Regarding SACD-R support I wonder if the new possible flagship player (LX58) of Pioneer will retain it.

If memory serves Oppo have improved the gapless file playback on Oppo 10X.

Regarding SACD-R support I wonder if the new possible flagship player (LX58) of Pioneer will retain it.

Oppo's improvements still aren't proper full gapless playback of FLACs. You have to do something, like create a .cue file or some such crap. I forget the details, but I was unimpressed when I heard it.

Since the BDP-105 is out of my price range I have a couple of questions regarding the Oppo 103BDP-D which is the Dabrbee edition.

1 - Does the beginning note of any disc get truncated like happened on the BDP-83?

2 - Will it play SACD-R discs?

3 - Will it play multi-channel FLAC?

4 - Is The Darbee version worth the extra $100. Currently I don't have 3D but I do have a nice Samsung 55" LED TV.

Thanks!!

I'mm in the market for a universal player and, since they are getting harder to find, I though I might take the plunge again. Though I was really pissed about the 83

Bob, you can consider buying an Oppo 103 + custom firmware (+$80). As I've informed this combo supports playback of BDMV, BD.iso, DVD.iso, DVDA.iso, SACD-R (not SACD.iso) and it's cinavia free.

Bob, you can consider buying an Oppo 103 + custom firmware (+$80). As I've informed this combo supports playback of BDMV, BD.iso, DVD.iso, DVDA.iso, SACD-R (not SACD.iso) and it's cinavia free.
Can you PM me with the details for the firmware please?

Oppo's improvements still aren't proper full gapless playback of FLACs. You have to do something, like create a .cue file or some such crap. I forget the details, but I was unimpressed when I heard it.

No cue files needed. You have to select Gapless via the remote options when you start to play a certain folder. A bit inconvinient but it works.

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a 105D.
My Denon 3930 is cooperating less and less when it comes to playing the SACD layer on hybrids and though I can get the laser replaced cheaply (just the cost of the part, free labour) i have a hankering for a new disc spinner to go with my new Modwright amp

Oppo 103 in da house. Looking forward to pairing it to my new Samsung 51" 8500 series plasma coming next week!

Oppo 103 in da house. Looking forward to pairing it to my new Samsung 51" 8500 series plasma coming next week!

you'll love it! i've had my F8500 since its introduction in march 2013 and imo the PQ is stunning.

joined the Oppo club about a month and a half ago...103D :banana:

Back