Oppo club

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI: Spoke to a KNOWLEDGEABLE CS rep at Netflix on Saturday, who informed me that my BDP 95, streams in 720p;& no CC
Tried to contact Oppo; closed till today
Netflix claims Oppo has a FW update to eradicate the problem; we'll see

Oppo claims it's a Netflix problem; blah, blah, blah
I have a $1,200 Blu-ray player that can't stream 1080p, & 5.1
Something's amiss
Any suggestions?

I think Oppo's philosophy is 'grasp many, lose some' at an affordable price. Imho a perfect machine never will be, we should accept it. Eg. I have an Oppo 93 and a Pioneer 450 with the most versatile (c)fw's and there are still features that I miss in these two players. (my $0.02)

I have a question in relation to playback of 5.1 FLAC files and the Oppo 103.

I had some issues with dropout while playing some transferred Quadraphonic FLAC. They play fine on the PC and the Oppo 103 plays them through the front USB port. The issue I'm having is I'm getting random dropouts when playing 5.1 files (24bit/96kHz) via the front USB port. This doesn't happen with high resolution stereo FLAC files.

Is is a case of the USB port (USB 2.0 I'm guessing) not being fast enough to process these files? Do these files play better via Ethernet/NAS set-up?

I have a question in relation to playback of 5.1 FLAC files and the Oppo 103.

I had some issues with dropout while playing some transferred Quadraphonic FLAC. They play fine on the PC and the Oppo 103 plays them through the front USB port. The issue I'm having is I'm getting random dropouts when playing 5.1 files (24bit/96kHz) via the front USB port. This doesn't happen with high resolution stereo FLAC files.

Is is a case of the USB port (USB 2.0 I'm guessing) not being fast enough to process these files? Do these files play better via Ethernet/NAS set-up?

Hmm, you might try playing them over your home network. I've played Multichannel FLACs over my home network to the Oppo 105 with no problems for some time.

Hmm, you might try playing them over your home network. I've played Multichannel FLACs over my home network to the Oppo 105 with no problems for some time.

Thanks. Have you tried playing the files with a USB stick in the front?

I can play 5.1 192/24 through a USB 2.0 port on my media player, so it's not bandwidth of USB 2.0. Maybe it's the USB device? Is it a hard disc or memory stick? Can you try something else?

I can play 5.1 192/24 through a USB 2.0 port on my media player, so it's not bandwidth of USB 2.0. Maybe it's the USB device? Is it a hard disc or memory stick? Can you try something else?

Memory stick. I tried it in the showroom.

It is fast enough as I have played 24/96 5.1 FLACs and 5.1 DSFs. Ethernet/NAS is more convenient but not necessarily superior.

Public firmware doesn't exactly list all the little specific fixes. There's always specific file types that have problems and are eventually corrected. Can you be a little more specific regarding how you created this flac file?

Since the BDP-105 is out of my price range I have a couple of questions regarding the Oppo 103BDP-D which is the Dabrbee edition.

1 - Does the beginning note of any disc get truncated like happened on the BDP-83?

2 - Will it play SACD-R discs?

3 - Will it play multi-channel FLAC?

4 - Is The Darbee version worth the extra $100. Currently I don't have 3D but I do have a nice Samsung 55" LED TV.

Thanks!!

I'mm in the market for a universal player and, since they are getting harder to find, I though I might take the plunge again. Though I was really pissed about the 83

Since the BDP-105 is out of my price range I have a couple of questions regarding the Oppo 103BDP-D which is the Dabrbee edition.

1 - Does the beginning note of any disc get truncated like happened on the BDP-83?

2 - Will it play SACD-R discs?

3 - Will it play multi-channel FLAC?

4 - Is The Darbee version worth the extra $100. Currently I don't have 3D but I do have a nice Samsung 55" LED TV.

Thanks!!

I'mm in the market for a universal player and, since they are getting harder to find, I though I might take the plunge again. Though I was really pissed about the 83

1. no they fixed that issue

2 yes, it will play sacd-r

3.yes play MC flac

4. The Darbee in my opinion is great for bigger screen tv's, and you can't beat the cost when it's incorporated in the 103
as a stand alone it's costly.
One thing I love about it is the ability to employ the qdeo chip set with outside sources, I pump my Directv through it cleaning up the picture- great machine indeed.

1. no they fixed that issue

2 yes, it will play sacd-r

3.yes play MC flac

4. The Darbee in my opinion is great for bigger screen tv's, and you can't beat the cost when it's incorporated in the 103
as a stand alone it's costly.
One thing I love about it is the ability to employ the qdeo chip set with outside sources, I pump my Directv through it cleaning up the picture- great machine indeed.

I haven't been following the firmware updates of Oppo players any more but I know that Oppo removed the SACD-R playback support from 10X players a year (?) ago. I know that it can be set back with custom fw's but I don't know if it's the case with official fw's, too.

Back