HiRez Poll Pineapple Thief, The - IT LEADS TO THIS [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of the Pineapple Thief - IT LEADS TO THIS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this brand new album from the Pineapple Thief entitled "It Leads To This".
The album was mixed in both 5.1 surround and Dolby Atmos by the band's lead singer and songwriter Bruce Soord, and the Blu-Ray and DVD also feature a bonus album called Y Aqui Estamos that has also been mixed in both 5.1 surround and Dolby Atmos.

ILTT%20cover.jpg

KSCOPE3001%20Mock-Up%20deluxe.png

Well Bruce has knocked it out of the park with this album. What looks on paper given the instruments noted in the book quite spartan, this however is fully immersive Pineapple Thief cubed.
listened to the album a couple of times so far since it arrived yesterday with the mystery bonus CD1.

Received today. With "double CD1" as many others.

As expected and announced, the Bruce Atmos mix is great. Really different than the "more traditional" 5.1 mix.

The Bruce vocals "into your head, but above" is mixed in front/height stage, but it only outputs on the Top Fronts and the Wides (in my 9.1.4). There is no vocals output on the Front speakers, neither on Center.
I guess that in 7.1.4 systems the vocals will output both on Fronts and Sides, to image the Wide location.
That gives an extended "wide" and height vocals floating around. But as there is no vocals in Center the great effect is much dependent on beeing at the sweet spot. If moved to a side, then the vocals is kept to that side.

Difficult to choose between the two albums. The alternate acoustic "Y Aquí Estamos" is not "weaker" at all. With a big amount of discrete percussion on the rear.

The flamenco style guitar in "Y Aquí Estamos" is a little bit surprising to me. I'm Spanish, but I don't specially like flamenco.

I will listen to it more before voting.

Last edited:
I saw these guys in concert the other day. The sound was very good, so it's no surprise that the album SQ is superb too. A very solid 9 from me.

The mix is a 10. Soord is clearly one of the best at crafting immersive mixes (5.1 or Atmos).

Wish I loved the music more - 8
So I split the distance with a 9

If you have a chance to see them live - grab a ticket. Watching & listening to Gavin alone is worth the price of admission.

Saw them in Atlanta on the last US tour and it was an incredible show. There were four college age students in front of me that were laser focused on him. By their reactions, it was like the were watching a master class.

This year the Atlanta date unfortunately is scheduled when I am in Germany for business. Bummer.

Back