Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - 50th Anniversary Atmos mix in 2023! (Standalone BD coming in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I respectfully disagree, I am a big fan of robust tops, his Genelecs are too small for my taste. Thus the mixes lack balls overhead.
View attachment 80400

TBS I do absolutely love his 5.1 mixes, probably my Fav because of the YES and his epic panarounds, his Atmos mixing skills overhead though are lacking big time.

Maybe its the Toy ovehead Genelecs in his studio, they should be upsized.. He needs to start dropping more the Hippopotamus.
:D
attachment.php
Methinks it would be the OTHER way around...
if the Genelecs supposedly don't have enough bass, the Heights would be BALLSIER to compensate...those Genelecs will fool you, they seem small but they are really BALLSY...but that's just me...

I’ve had the Wish immersion box for a few years now but just today I finally pulled the trigger on the Dark Side box for a price I could stomach.

I’ve got the SACD so I’m just getting it for the quad mainly, but the early mix from 72 also intrigues me and will be nice to have!
The live tracks are cool - tho not as radically different as the Wish box.

According to the fan site Brain Damage a 50th anniversary book will be published in March:

"March 2023 sees the 50th anniversary of the release of The Dark Side Of The Moon by Pink Floyd, and as part of the anniversary celebrations, an official 216 page hardback book is being published on 1st March to commemorate the band and the album.

The album-sized (12" x 12") package features rare and unseen backstage and onstage photography of the band during the album tours of 1972 to 1975. 129 candid black-and-white photographs by Storm Thorgerson, Jill Furmanovsky, Aubrey Powell, Storm Thorgerson and Peter Christopherson document the soundchecks, the shows and the after shows. A review of the October 1972 Wembley gig, originally published in Melody Maker, provides insight into one of the Floyd’s most celebrated performances, and there is a complete listing of the tour dates.

The second part explores in 65 colour images how the original prism motif by Hipgnosis and StormStudios evolved into an array of graphics and homages to the world's great artists, some of which went on to grace further projects of the band. Co-founder of StormStudios, Peter Curzon, recalls the details of each brief and the development of the graphics over a 50-year period.

At this stage, there is no indication of what the cover looks like, and as we get more information, including the cover, we will update this page."

I certainly hope that's not the only thing the band is doing to celebrate Dark Side's 50th!

Rumor has it that the live DSOTM recording from the Wembly show will be released on cd. Not sure if the rest of the show will be released with it or not. Just a rumor.
The version of the rumour I've heard is that it's the full show and that it will also be on vinyl (so far, it's only been on CD officially).

Back