Please welcome Bob Vosgien to QQ, the mastering engineer of the CTA Quad DTS Disc!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think, all of the earlier quad productions would be well for a transmitting on new sound mediums. Special wishes may be quad productions from Motown or the official unreleased "Spectrum" from Billy Cobham. There exist another surround mixdown for DVD-Audio. But the known only original 2 quadraphonic tracks sound far better as the new mix. So as exampel a transfer from the quadraphonic mastertape would be a gem. But I am interest of course of each new quadraphonic transfer for Audio DVD like the astonishing CTA.

Dietrich

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/WB.htm

4 atco titles, one cancelled, three released:
QD36-101 Black Oak Arkansas - Street Party (CNX)
QD36-102 James Gang - Miami
QD-7019 Black Oak Arkansas - Raunch'N'Roll
QD-7029 Donny Hathaway - Extensions of a Man

Donny Hathaway's Extensions of a Man was an excellent album. Definitely worthy of a Rhino re-release !

I would guess that the next release will be a "higher profile" title, something that will attract more buyers than any of those ATCO releases.

something that will attract more buyers than any of those ATCO releases.
i hope it's Black Sabbath "Sabotage". but most likely i'm wrong

First Bob Vosgien said:

Tres Hombres? One of my favorite albums!
I need to make a phone call....

Then he said:

I just finished the next Quadio title...
But I can't say which one.
All I can say is it was pretty awesome.:smokin

So I think I will take that as a great hint.

I'm all for ZZ Top!!!

vinylguy4

Hey Guys,
As much as I wish the next quad release would be Tres Hombres, it isn't... It's a possibility though in the future....

Just wanna thank you guys again for all the kind words on the mastering of CTA. I was cranking it up at home last Sunday while making dinner and I couldn't be more pleased with how it came out. What a great album!

Best,
Bob

Bob,

Thank you very much for checking in!
Are we able to do a process of elimination in order to find out what the next Quad will be without you really saying?
Example: Someone guesses "Tres Hombres" and you stated it wasn't, and I would guess "Close To The Edge" and you would say it wasn't, or if it was, nothing at all.
Or, maybe, you can give us hints and we can guess without you really saying the exact title name.:D

My guess: James Taylor - Sweet baby James to celebrate the current 40th Anniversary Troubadour tour with Carole King. It made it to the catalog in 1975 so it could have been prepared, it's a non-DVD-A title and seriously, why the hell not? :)

Thanks again for CTA and I will wait with bait on my breath...

The sooner we find out the title, the sooner we can hype up sales on all the various forums such as this one!

Hey Guys,
As much as I wish the next quad release would be Tres Hombres, it isn't... It's a possibility though in the future....

Just wanna thank you guys again for all the kind words on the mastering of CTA. I was cranking it up at home last Sunday while making dinner and I couldn't be more pleased with how it came out. What a great album!

Best,
Bob

Rather than a "title", may you give some light on the planned release date? That's the most intresting stuff, think everyone here will buy one whatever it is - unless it's a Alshire "101 strings" or similar.

Also, check out this on ebay for a "historic" relic:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-5-Osmon...em&pt=Music_Other_Formats&hash=item2a07073f98
of course it's a boot and worse than that it's a fake quad (osmond never did any quad and J5 were japan only) however it is intresting to know also for the "insiders" like you that good old quad back in the days was big enough to stimulate this kind of business. It wasn't so easy as today - rip a disc and share it - but they did it.

Hi Bob,
I am new in this forum, and signed up just to write in this thread :)
I just got my CTA and it is great - it is not something that I would have bought had it been stereo,
I am not a fan of Chicago, but the quad is real fun :)
Anyway - I cant wait to hear other releases, and also wanted to mention 2 quad holy grails -
I know the masters for these exist, but not in the record company vaults but with the artists themselves:
Gong - You
Magma - MDK
Is any of them a candidate for release? or at least a possibilty (copyrights-wise)?

Agree! :) I wrote in the Poll Thread for the album:

"
Wow, what can I say... This is wonderful. I never thought I'd get so excited about this one. I have been quite disappointed with the 2002 CD remaster, and now I know why. This just kicks it out the window! I'll never again listen to the CD - maybe save it as a warning example on how not to "remaster".

I play this close to 0 dB, that is, reference level of approximately 105 dB. That is loud, but this just sound awesome - great punch in the drums, great bass, nice impact in the horns, hammond swirling.
"

And, may I add, the vocals are never harsh or tiring. A wonderful example of what to do (and not to do) when mastering material like this. Great work, Bob.

Back