Porcupine Tree - Tour of a Blank Planet

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just heard that Rhino will be distributing it in the US ... They'll be throwing in a copy of Duke Nukem Forever for the gamers.

(dOH!) :rolleyes:

Just to make sure there's enough to go around, I think they should limit the release to REAL TP ... er ... PT fans ONLY!

Fer instance ... who can tell me which album Shesmovedon is on ... Lightbulb Sun or Deadwing?

The original version of Shesmovedon is on Lightbulb Sun. PT rerecorded Shesmovedon for Deadwing and released it as a bonus track on that album.

Just to make sure there's enough to go around, I think they should limit the release to REAL TP ... er ... PT fans ONLY!

Fer instance ... who can tell me which album Shesmovedon is on ... Lightbulb Sun or Deadwing?

This is America comrade. If you have the money, you're good enough ;)

The original version of Shesmovedon is on Lightbulb Sun. PT rerecorded Shesmovedon for Deadwing and released it as a bonus track on that album.

Main reason I posted is for all the other clueless (notice I included myself there) who have the disk and didn't know it was there. No mention on the jewel case inserts, and it's not listed on the label. My old player would just get to track 9 and keep counting time until I'd shut it down. Recently got an Oppo and noticed it shows Track XX of 10 on the video monitor ... ??? Even then, track 10 doesn't show on the list, the player will still keep counting time on the LED display till the cows come home, and the only way to access the track is by clicking the skip button or direct entry on the keypad. Either the production manager screwed up, I got an OOps! release, or PT was just having fun with us minions.

Bonus bonus for anybody who finds track 11 on Deadwing ... I hear Stevie Ray Vaughn and Syd Barrett sit in on that one. <G>

Oh, and technically, Shesmovedon is only on Lightbulb Sun. The bonus track on Deadwing is She's Moved On ... :D

(Rather tasty, whatever they call it)

Ignore this post - twitchy trigger finger is all.

So it's not a total waste of pixels, a quote from Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy

I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas.

Main reason I posted is for all the other clueless (notice I included myself there) who have the disk and didn't know it was there. No mention on the jewel case inserts, and it's not listed on the label. My old player would just get to track 9 and keep counting time until I'd shut it down. Recently got an Oppo and noticed it shows Track XX of 10 on the video monitor ... ??? Even then, track 10 doesn't show on the list, the player will still keep counting time on the LED display till the cows come home, and the only way to access the track is by clicking the skip button or direct entry on the keypad. Either the production manager screwed up, I got an OOps! release, or PT was just having fun with us minions.

Bonus bonus for anybody who finds track 11 on Deadwing ... I hear Stevie Ray Vaughn and Syd Barrett sit in on that one. <G>

Oh, and technically, Shesmovedon is only on Lightbulb Sun. The bonus track on Deadwing is She's Moved On ... :D

(Rather tasty, whatever they call it)
Shesmovedon is accessable through the menus on the Deadwing disk as an easter egg.

Menus? You got menus?
(Lucky dog, you)

I've got the LAVA (enhanced) CD. The Oppo just identifies it as a CD and plays tracks 1-9 automatically, then I can force it to track 10. I can pop the disk in the computer and it'll autoplay a quicktime movie, then play the tracks in my DVD software. Windows Media Player doesn't like it at all.

Menus? You got menus?
(Lucky dog, you)

I've got the LAVA (enhanced) CD. The Oppo just identifies it as a CD and plays tracks 1-9 automatically, then I can force it to track 10. I can pop the disk in the computer and it'll autoplay a quicktime movie, then play the tracks in my DVD software. Windows Media Player doesn't like it at all.
I was refering to the DVD-Audio release of Deadwing, not the Redbook CD.

[BGCOLOR="Indigo"]Of course it's mixed and all. There have been listening sessions for invited people (mainly press and some "friends" I guess). The interview might be from sometime ago?[/BGCOLOR]
Oops, I was with my mind on "The Incident", this seems to get a low priority.

Last edited:
Of course it's mixed and all. There have been listening sessions for invited people (mainly press and some "friends" I guess). The interview might be from sometime ago?

The interview is brand new, mostly chat about the new album and a bit about the King Crimson project.

I am aware of the official "listening session" for The Incident but I don't recall any mention of one for the Blank Planet Live DVD. But whatever, that's just what he said, and it sounded a bit odd to me too, but at least he said it is coming out "at some point."

After listening to the ROABP membership only 2007 live CD I'm much more interested in the DVD now! Great performance at the peak of the tour.

An update on this from the PT website:

A question increasingly asked is; what happened to the planned Porcupine Tree DVD for which 2 shows in Tilburg in The Netherlands were filmed last October? The answer is that work did commence on editing and mixing the concert footage, but everything was put on hold while the band recorded The Incident. Now the project is once again moving forward, and the DVD is tentatively scheduled for release in the Spring. The completed footage, which was filmed in high definition, looks and sounds fantastic, and is a step up in quality from the band's previous "Arriving Somewhere" DVD. There are also plans for a deluxe multi disk edition to include not only audio CDs of the Tilburg performance, but also CDs containing at least one other memorable show recorded earlier during the Fear of a Blank Planet touring period.

The completed footage, which was filmed in high definition, looks and sounds fantastic, and is a step up in quality from the band's previous "Arriving Somewhere" DVD

Words fail me.

Oh, here's one ...

wOw.

Very impressed with Arriving Somewhere, and now they had to go and raise the bar. Shame on them.

Stopped by their website and noticed both Chicago and Toronto are sold out for their upcoming tour.

Cleveland it is then ...

Wonder if I can get them to add "Moon Over Parma" to their repertoire?

(Any Drew Carey fans out there??) <G>

Last night I went to a listening party of The Incident at Fame (is a large recordstore)in Amsterdam. The album was partly played and there was a quiz with very tough questions. Also a video of Time Flies was screened together with a video message from Steven Wilson in which he announced the dvd for this Spring. After that Way Out Of Here was screened. looks very nice. Lots of close ups of the band mixed with audience shots.

nice cover!

PTreeDVD.jpg

Back