Quadrafile Offered on eBay

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryclifton

Since 2002/2003
For anyone interested in hearing a direct comparison of four quad systems (CD-4, QS, SQ and UD-4) on LP, I see that someone is offering a copy of "Quadrafile" on eBay at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58614&item=4006719452&rd=1.

The album includes two LPs. Each of the four sides contains the identical selections, each side encoded for one of the quad systems. Among the selections are Oldfield's "Tubular Bells", Pink Floyd's "Money", and excepts from the very surround version of Bartók's Concerto for Orchestra offered on CBS Masterworks.

The British magazine "Hi-Fi News & Record Review" produced it. The notes on the inside pages of the gatefold continue on a loose insert printed on heavy paper. The auction description does not say if the copy offered includes this.

This was a very desirable quad title. I bought the last 50 of the magazine's stock of this album around 1980 to sell through my MultiChannelSound Shop. At $20 each, they disappeared quickly. I sold a spare personal copy on eBay for almost $100 two or three years ago, so don't be surprised by the final price.

Larry

Back