Quadraphonic.info now up for your Manuals, Articles, etc.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for this.

Glad to see a number of my scans have been moved to your site.

As you know from my posts, I stopped scanning my quadraphonic library because I could not find a reliable, long term place to post the files.

Now that you are doing that, I have to get back into scanning mode.

Here's one for you.

My CD-4 stuff was all in a bag handed out by JVC at the AES convention where they introduced CD-4.

It reads “JVC CD-4 Discreet Four Channel Record System”

Where can I leave that CD-4 bag for posterity?

Where is the Quad Museum?

You're welcome. And thank you for the scans. There is some really cool stuff to read.

There should be a Quad Museum somewhere. One would have thought the importance of Surround sound and Quadraphonic, the earliest type of Surround music for the home and what it means for the future of music to this very day would be understood by now. Especially those in the music industry who should know better. But we're getting there, because the proof is right there in the music itself with the Quad mix/musical performances.

Quadraphonic will always live because the mixes are so cool. It took awhile to generate a market for vintage movies on DVD, especially real obscure titles, but it's happening because of Turner Classic Movies being on air for 15 years now and driving new markets on it's website. They have literaly cleaned out their vaults and continue to find more material. Thankfully we have Rhino and their "Quadio" project to get the ball moving. A market for these Quad mixes is here today as awareness grows. Also, once surround audio becomes the norm of car and home radio's in the not so distant future, that too will generate interest in Quad.

In the meantime we can do a Quad Museum on line. I was considering if possible, that it would be nice to have scans front and back at 300 DPI of every Quadraphonic record and tape ever made. It would also be cool to have a web page for each and every Quadraphonic title. That way converters would have art for projects or those who are curious about Quad will have an intimate experience with what it's about on some level. If someone sees the record or tape and what songs are on them, they're sure as all heck going to be interested in actually hearing the music.

Absoutely brilliant. I've been looking for the Technics SA8000X manual for ages. Now you guys have really impressed me!!! Thank you so much for the download. I do have the service manual for the SA 8500x on PDF which I will upload. QQ is a brilliant site. Cheers Guys
Duncan in UK

Thanks for your support and encouragement. It is no problem putting up the manuals I have received. There is a lot more that could be done with the site, so we'll see. Anyway, thanks for the stuff, keep it coming and we will post.

I want to thank you Jim for the Sony SQD-2050 manual. It is always fascinating reading the official manuals even if one already knows how to operate a piece of equipment.

In appreciation, I will be scanning and sending the Technics SH-400 operator instructions and service manual as I get time.

Also, thanks to whoever supplied the Sony manual if other than Jim himself.

Doug

Thanks Doug for the offer to scan. And thanks to all of you who sent me stuff. Other stuff was posted by the Quad community a few, if not many years ago and fortunately I found them on hard drives. I'll keep adding stuff as I receive it. Thanks.

Jim

Thanks to Doug we now have both an Owners And Service manual for the Technics SH-400 CD-4 Demodulator. Thanks Doug. Another member sent us a Sony TC854-4 Reel to Reel Service manual. Thank for your contributions.

I got a Harman Kardon model 44+ CD-4 demodulator a while back. When I tried hooking it up, it would make a humming noise (filter caps?) and I shelved the project after that. I was thinking of trying to fix it soon and see how it sounds. Most of the circuit is transistorized. It uses NE565 PLL FM demodulators in each channel and a NE567 tone and frequency decoder in the LED drive and muting circuitry. There doesn't seem to be any enclosed filter networks like in the QC-04. See manual attached.

Attachments

• harman-kardon_model-44.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 80
I tried sending that manual to [email protected] but it won't attach to my yahoo email. Maybe its too big to be sent by yahoo email.

Thank you for the Service Manual! I just posted it.

Yes, Yahoo in theory should be able to take files up to even 15 to 20 MB, but things don't always work as we all know. Thanks again for the Manual.

Hi Scifi, thank you for the HK 44+ manual. I have one that some doofus bridged the fuse and I would like it to do more than be a brick. Now I can dig it out when the wrmer weather comes and try resurrecting it.

Back