Question about quad receiver

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrButterscotcher

Hi, new here! How do you go about testing a quadraphonic receiver? I don't have much other gear (definitely not analog quad input)

I tested it in stereo, but I want to test 4 channel if possible

So I guess it's INPUT --> QUAD --> OUTPUT

So how to I do the INPUT from a phone or computer? Can either of these things send in quad?

Can I use adaptors, like this : usb-c --> some kind of 4 way RCA splitter?

Thanks, it's fun to puzzle over, but I figured I'd ask the experts

Hello there. You can use a computer and the appropriate audio interface / sound card and software...but I know nothing really about the details. If you search this Forum, you will eventually find the info on that.

I've used my phone to play music on my analog gear. You just use a 3.5 mm / lightning / USB C to RCA adapter. In that case either your phone or the adapter itself does the digital to analog conversion. I've also run my phone via an HDMI adapter.

Then you would run that into one of the stereo inputs of your quad receiver. You would only input into the "quad" or 4 channel inputs if you have the discrete input available.

With only the stereo input available, you would need to utilize the quad receivers quad synthesizing mode to produce quad, and of course have 4 speakers.

Back