Re-Mix, De-Mix, Up-Mix, New Mix!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re-mix, Up-mix, De-Mix - this is not why I am here.

New mix? NOW I am interested.

To me it is much more about the new vision, but not the new format - that somehow feels like pressure from labels trying to capitalise (still feels a bit like 3D for film and video) - and some pressure from expert users who might be more interested in delivery methods for their new systems rather than the actual artistic and creative content. I know a lot of artists agree with me.

Don’t get me wrong. I am not a luddite! I am passionate about what I can bring to new versions of amazing classic albums.

I have spent many years developing my attitude and approach to revisiting classic material for new mixes.

However - I don’t as yet have the resources to update my studio, my equipment and software for the current drive to fulfil Atmos demands, but more importantly I don’t want to feel pressured to just tick the boxes required by record labels for purely business reasons. I do however have many new techniques!! :)

Again - don’t get me wrong. I am completely passionate.

While at my current age my father had long retired, I have just entered the most busy, prolific and exciting stage of my entire career. I won’t - and can't stop!!

So I hope to carry on with what I love doing, and hopefully a few people might appreciate all this.....

SWTx

I have been using post-production digital techniques that have involved ways of extracting and rebalancing audio, removing or replacing elements, removing noise and spill, or adding sounds and treatments for well over twelve years. Much of it using analog emulation.

I just have never shouted about it.

I just used these techniques to benefit many projects.

It is what you hear that is important. Not how it got there.

although if it might be of interest to some - there should be a lot of the back story concerning the iconic recordings for the Rupert Hine solo albums from the early early 80s coming soon Rupert Hine: Surface Tension - The Recordings 1981-1983, 3CD Box Set - Cherry Red Records
Oo! Immunity is a favorite! Can't wait! Really love your work, Stephen!! Stay Surrounded, Comrade!
1660161328775.png

https://www.allmusic.com/album/immunity-mw0000011243

Last edited:
Back