Steven Wilson Tears For Fears - Seeds Of Love (New Atmos mix by SW)!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel sorry for all of those who bought the 5.1 version

"I've recently completed a spatial audio mix of one of my favourite albums Tears For Fears, 'The Seeds of Love', to be made available later this year. Here I am in 2021 talking about what to me is one of the most immersive, ambitious and beautifully produced pop records of all time."

What do you mean sorry... The 5.1 mix released three years ago! I'll gladly buy this as well, and be happy with the $60 I spent to listen to the fantastic 5.1 mix for the last three years.

What do you mean sorry... The 5.1 mix released three years ago! I'll gladly buy this as well, and be happy with the $60 I spent to listen to the fantastic 5.1 mix for the last three years.
If people thought that way there would be a lot of unhappy people on here...I can't even remember how many versions of Dark Side of the Moon I have both over the years in various formats.

So does anyone know if things are progressing to Steven Wilson doing an Atmos update for his stellar 5.1 mix of Songs From The Big Chair? That’s another one I would gladly shell out even more money for, despite having the original vinyl, two CD versions, the blu ray and god knows what else. A cassette?

I also wonder if in the intervening decade they’ve found the multitrack tapes for Broken….

I also wonder if in the intervening decade they’ve found the multitrack tapes for Broken….
Some of the elements could be pulled off the "Preacher Mix", but I'm not sure how helpful that would be...

Some of the elements could be pulled off the "Preacher Mix", but I'm not sure how helpful that would be...
Anybody know why Broken was a live version on SFTBC. It seems really out of place to me. Is it like that on all of the versions of that album or just recent ones like the 5.1 I have? Was it a creative decision? (I couldn’t find a dedicated thread for this album so I’m putting on this one, sorry)

Last edited:
Anybody know why Broken was a live version on SFTBC. Is it like that on all of the versions of that album or just recent ones like the 5.1 I have? Was it a creative decision? (I couldn’t find a dedicated thread for this album so I’m putting on this one, sorry)
The sequence of "Broken" (studio version) to "Head Over Heels" to "Broken" (live version) was an intentional creative decision, every version of the album is like that.

Anybody know why Broken was a live version on SFTBC. It seems really out of place to me. Is it like that on all of the versions of that album or just recent ones like the 5.1 I have? Was it a creative decision? (I couldn’t find a dedicated thread for this album so I’m putting on this one, sorry)
My pet theory is that they didn't want to re-record the second part in the studio 😄 "Broken Revisited" sounds like an attempt to remix the original "We Are Broken" in a way that would fit with the album, but it probably still sounded like a bad fit. And besides, they had worked out that sandwich medley on the 1983 tour & Neil Taylor had played a great solo (which he then had to learn and recreate for the studio recording...)

Here's how it sounded in late 1983. As you'll notice, the last part was directly lifted for the album.

My pet theory is that they didn't want to re-record the second part in the studio 😄 "Broken Revisited" sounds like an attempt to remix the original "We Are Broken" in a way that would fit with the album, but it probably still sounded like a bad fit. And besides, they had worked out that sandwich medley on the 1983 tour & Neil Taylor had played a great solo (which he then had to learn and recreate for the studio recording...)

Here's how it sounded in late 1983. As you'll notice, the last part was directly lifted for the album.

Nice find!

Nice find!
This is from In My Mind's Eye, the concert video recorded at the Hammersmith Odeon. That film finally got an official DVD release in the box set of The Hurting, but I suppose the multitracks are long gone because otherwise Steven could've at least mixed the live portion of "Broken" into 5.1 😐

The sequence of "Broken" (studio version) to "Head Over Heels" to "Broken" (live version) was an intentional creative decision, every version of the album is like that.
OT, but I really wish they had offered clean (non-segued) versions of "Head Over Heels" and "Listen" on the Big Chair Blu-Ray as bonus tracks.

Well, sorry... I don't know.
I just bought the box set I had bean chasing for years. Not cheap, but cheaper the price you can see.
I hope a new mix corrects the off center lead vocals (and snare for the former) on Woman in Chains and Sowing The Seeds.

Back