Rihanna - Good Girl Gone Bad Live

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Well this was a surprise!

I like Rihanna and so I picked this up on a whim from Best Buy for about $11 with a coupon.

This is a 75 minute concert featuring most of Rihanna's hits. It is in 16x9 widescreen with a Dolby 5.1 and Dolby 2.0 soundtrack. The 5.1 track is not just crowd in the back band in the front. There is plenty of wrap around stuff (keys, guitar, vocals) to make the mix interesting and large sounding. The video is cut nicely with quick cuts to much longer cuts so it doesn't get too crazy. The video quality looks really nice on my 55" Mitsubishi and, best of all, Rihanna is absoulutely beautiful so it's fun to watch for that reason as well.

Whereas Britney and Janet seem to lipsync about 80 - 90% of their shows, Rihanna (much like Kylie Minogue) seems to be singing live for the entire show. This is also a pleasant surprise if you like her voice. I do.

All in all, this is a well paced show with great dancing and high production value. The video and audio presentation is also excellent. If you like pop music like Rihanna, don't miss this one.

Back