Rush is releasing 2112 in 5.1 surround - available on Amazon for pre-order

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just listened to the whole thing in one sitting and will say without a doubt it is worth getting. It has many moments which stand out. I do not doubt in any way that Mr. Wilson would have done a better job with it. But, that being said, you have never heard 2112 this good. Of that there is no doubt. That being said I can also say that I wish it had been more discreet. There are times when I would have loved to have had more isolation of instruments. Certain parts come across as "Big Stereo". I have the others and I would definitely say it is the better of them. Glad to have it. Will be listening again, at somewhat less volume. And for the record this was the BluRay DTS HD-MA.

Cool, thanks for the early report, looking more forward to it and sprung for the Sector 1 and 2 boxset as well for good measure as prices finally coming down on those.

I've had it blind-buying these new surround releases the first day they come out and finding they either have poor surround mixes, or have quality control issues.. so I'm sitting this one out and waiting for others to playtest it for a change!

well, it's sounds like you have a huge selection of HiRez surround titles, to choose from :)
i ordered, albeit Rush isn't ones, whom i listen very often. but you know, 23 bucks i paid for BD-A,
anyway can't prevent end of the world, neither save me from upcoming bankrupcy, so be it ;)

I've had it blind-buying these new surround releases the first day they come out and finding they either have poor surround mixes, or have quality control issues.. so I'm sitting this one out and waiting for others to playtest it for a change!

since coming here I don't buy much without seeing if you guys like it 1st. If it don't pass quad it don't get bought.

well, it's sounds like you have a huge selection of HiRez surround titles, to choose from :)
i ordered, albeit Rush isn't ones, whom i listen very often. but you know, 23 bucks i paid for BD-A,
anyway can't prevent end of the world, neither save me from upcoming bankrupcy, so be it ;)

haha! I may have one or two HiRez surround things floating about the place, yesssss.. :eek: ;)

I'll have the HiRez Poll entries up on Tuesday, when these are officially released. Fear not!

Hopefully Best Buy will have this. I guess I'll have to wait until after midnight or sometime early tomorrow for them to show what stores have it. Just says pickup at store coming soon still. $26.99... cheaper than Amazon, and without the wait.

Mine arrived today. I will not open til Christmas, but I can confirm the back says 24bit/96khz DVD-A for the surround.

I just grabbed 2 of the Blu/CD Edition. One for a pal.

Do you think they will miss me at work if I sneak out to go home and play it ? :)

I got one too. Gift card and reward certificate came in handy. Got change back from a $5 bill.

Attachments

• rush_front.jpg
    rush_front.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 141
Bought the dvda at BB for 21.99. It would have been nice if the sale price would have been 87 cents cheaper.

Bought the dvda at BB for 21.99. It would have been nice if the sale price would have been 87 cents cheaper.
You could have got it for $19.88 since Best Buy is matching amazon.com until xmas.

I road the LP home in my t-shirt on my moped back in '76 from Sam's in Toronto back in the day.

I can't imagine how many times I've heard it since. I still have the LP.

It sounds brand new. I think the 'comic book' lyrics are great although I won't leave the plasma on next time.

I played the 5.1 PCM track (for reference). Awesome.

Polls are up, in the appropriate areas, but please, listen a few times before voting! :)

Mine arrived today. I will not open til Christmas, but I can confirm the back says 24bit/96khz DVD-A for the surround.

Thanks for that 'MyCuff'. I have now ordered and should be here for Xmas so a treat for after Xmas lunch when all you want to do is sit around. The 96kHz is also confirmed by the cover of the DVD-Audio within the newly added Polls thread.

Back