SACD Backup copies?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GabeL

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Hey there, I'm wondering if there is anyway (that doesn't involve $$$ and too much hardware) to make backup copies of my multi-channel SACDs?

Thanks,
Gabe

The only way I know of is to play them into your PC with the analog 6 Ch out of your player into a 6 channel soundcard. You can record the tracks at 24/96 with the proper hardware, then make a DVD-A out of them, or a DTS CD.

That's the only way I know of. At least there are no copy protection issues doing it this way with SACD.

The only way I know of is to play them into your PC with the analog 6 Ch out of your player into a 6 channel soundcard. You can record the tracks at 24/96 with the proper hardware, then make a DVD-A out of them, or a DTS CD.

That's the only way I know of. At least there are no copy protection issues doing it this way with SACD.
How about getting an Oppo 980H to output the SACD as LPCM via HDMI? Any way to store/record that?

Kal

Isn't PCM audio via HDMI encrypted? Having lost patience with Sony pulling SACD support from the Euro PS3 i'm looking at the Oppo + amp with 5.1 input as a next system to enable me to keep my SACDs running and maybe track down any DVDAs I can find (I quite fancy getting some of the Talking Heads and REM ones if I can find them in the UK at a sensible price).

I've got DTS-CD backups of all of the entirely legitimate and legal SACDs i've bought in case I get stranded with a surround system that lacks SACD playback (sadly a real possibility on a budget, but Oppo look to be the wise man with little money's choice) but i'm not (cough) going to explain where they came from.

Back