SACD....by the numbers

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t forget that we are a subset of the overall SACD buyers. There are many more audiophiles that buy them just for stereo or mono due to their higher fidelity.
Yes, good point specifically to using the polls on this site as a gauge of overall SACD purchasing activity.

A few months back I sold my only stereo SACD (Rush Hemisheres mfsl) for quite a bit more than I paid many moons ago. So there's definitely buyers out there for the stereo sacds as you describe.

Yes, good point specifically to using the polls on this site as a gauge of overall SACD purchasing activity.

A few months back I sold my only stereo SACD (Rush Hemisheres mfsl) for quite a bit more than I paid many moons ago. So there's definitely buyers out there for the stereo sacds as you describe.
I've just checked... I managed to buy my copy of Hemispheres from Amazon UK (on 29 Sep 2013) as a US import, it cost £17.65 including delivery ;)

Shame there wasn't a multi-channel version 'hidden' on the disc...

EDIT: I also have this album on black vinyl, two picture discs (UK and Canada), cassette tape and two CD's (1987 Canada and 1997 UK)...

Last edited:

Looking at what I have ripped on my pc, counting .iso's, I have over 500GB of stereo SACD's.
About 50GB of that was released by FIM and are mostly Japanese artists, although a few are Chinese and US artists I believe.
BTW I just put up another 72 inch tall bookcase for disc storage. Came with 3 removable and two fixed shelves (I think) and I built 3 more to house about, um, maybe 80% of my surround BD's.
A few hundred here, a few hundred there, before you know it they start taking over.

Oh, I have about 2TB of surround SACD .iso's on the pc. (easier than counting discs!)

Last edited:
Coming March 8th from Universal Japan on Stereo SHM~SACD with Japan BONUS track

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/norah-jones-visions/
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UCGQ-9057
cover-2.jpg

Assuming it turns out to actually be multichannel... Evosound has overpromised and underdelivered before (with Bob James' One).
Despair NOT, JJ ...they did come through with the recent Chlara LOVE YA disc in multichannel as well as the two Mr Big Multi~CH SACDs!

I think they learned their lesson [well] with the ONE fiasco!

Last edited:
Back