SDE Series Releases and how to get them (from TFF Hurting thread)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently came upon a region locked BD but for the life of me can't remember the title. DVDFab was able to unlock it, is all I remember.
Most certainly would have been purchased across the pond. There have just been so many this year (a good thing).
C.R.S.
Maybe Metallica Through the Never? The German edition (the one with an Atmos soundtrack) is region locked, if I recall. I was not able to play it on either of my players and eventually gave it away and bought the non-Atmos version.

I bought quite a few yesterday, I don't remember what ones where of the SDE Series. I used all sorts of sources like from here in the U.S. and overseas on a couple foreign Amazon sites.
Welcome to the sickness. Surround music 'collecting' is my longest running continuous hobby (about 22 years). It's the one non-essential thing I buy that I don't care if it goes up or down in value long term, I buy them for personal enjoyment and as a personal musical archive. Obviously if something goes up in value that's nice later on if sold, but 90+% of the music I buy is purchased with intent and it's for my collection. Other collectibles aren't looked at often or for very long before stored away. Music can be enjoyed anytime. So long as I have my hearing and something to play the media back, I'll always derive value from my surround purchases.

mike.jpg

I feel those googly eyes, Mike. ;) I know you are in this for the exact same reasons, and that's what makes your youtube channel such a genuine treasure for this community.

My KISS Destroyer box set Atmos mix has an option on the disc to turn off the visuals.
Cool. That was an old post of mine.
Took me a while to find my new Samsung 85" has the same option to turn off
the screen buried down in the Accessibility area of the menu..
In the long run I don't know if its better for the TV to use the Screen Off option over
just shutting off the whole TV or not?
I'm so confused. LOL

A music BD?
A couple of years ago, I bought “Jeff Wayne’s Musical Version of ‘War of the Worlds’” that said it wasn’t Region 1 but played fine on my Oppo 105D.

Earlier this year, I inadvertently bought an Italian release of “Woodstock” from Amazon that was locked, and didn’t play, but the Australian jailbreak worked.

Cool. That was an old post of mine.
Took me a while to find my new Samsung 85" has the same option to turn off
the screen buried down in the Accessibility area of the menu..
In the long run I don't know if its better for the TV to use the Screen Off option over
just shutting off the whole TV or not?
I'm so confused. LOL
Depends how you're set up. With a disc player I would think you could just shut off the TV.
Playing from Windows on a pc can be a mixed bag. Don't really know if it's a Windows or AVR thing but if there isn't a device at the end of the chain sometimes it goes wonky. (monitor/TV).

I run my 4K monitor straight from the graphics card with a DP cable (necessary for the monitor to display 4K) but I normally run my TV from the HDMI out on the motherboard. I have a switch that sends the HDMI from the mobo to the AVR OR to the TV. If I switch to the TV the monitor goes blank. I have no idea why.

Sort of related, pc wise:
When I sent my RZ50 off to the shop and I hooked up my old TX-NR656 Onkyo i had to fight with Windoze to get it out of stereo mode since it was not "seeing" the AVR as the primary sound device. But usually a reboot with an AVR connected via HDMI and turned on will fix the problem and you can go to Sound properties and make sure the correct device is selected and choose the correct number of speakers. Usually a one time thing, but with Windows you never know.
I guess I've just done this so many times in the past I don't think much about it. Sometimes Windows thinks a monitor or TV is primary and you just have to reboot and change it.

Back