Sinatra/Sands DVD-Audio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received mine today from DVDEmpire via UPS. Tried to start it four times on my Toshiba SD 5700, each time it whirled around for a while and read "disc error". Empire said they would replace. I noticed the disc appeared to be of lighter weight than others - anyone else having this problem?

I'd like to know why the record labels have staggered releases for these.

In all honesty, at this point demand isn't tremendous and I personally don't see the point of it.

Also, I'm having some odd playback problems with both Sinatra Live at the Sands and Chicago V -- I get tons of crackling on the discs when playing back via my PeeCee w/ Audigy 2.

I will check these out over the weekend when the Meridian rig is put back together.

Regards,

They both work fine in my Denon. Two nice releases, two very different releases. Both are more than worthy!!

Hi,
Just got the call, Sinatra ready for pickup in Toronto from Grigorian for those having trouble finding a copy. (mines reserved, ne touchee pas)

Peter m.

petermwilson said:
Hi,
Just got the call, Sinatra ready for pickup in Toronto from Grigorian for those having trouble finding a copy. (mines reserved, ne touchee pas)

Peter m.

The BestBuy stores in the Toronto area have had them since Tuesday. A week late but what the heck, $25.99.

To amend my earlier post: I received the replacement disc from DVDEmpire and it played beautifully. I agree with the comments made that this is a "must have" disc. I'm not a big Sinatra fan, my wife is, but I've listened to it five times - it's really well done.

I picked up Sinatra/Sands yesterday at Media Play for $ 16.99. I actually liked the Basie orchestra better than old Blue Eye's singing. Does Count Basie have anything in DVD-A ?

Hi,
If you Google it you will also find a dvd which seems tobe 2ch only but has severel other big names like Sarah Vaughn. the review of the dvd however does not impress with regard to sound quality. I do not own it so I have no enlightened opinion but from the review, I don't think it's woth the money.

Don't know if your into sacd yet but there's an excelent disc done in 1961 called First Time Duke Ellington and Count Basie. Its 2ch but if you like the Count, this hopefully won't hold you back IMHO its an awsome production.

Peter m.

ct said:
I received mine today from DVDEmpire via UPS. Tried to start it four times on my Toshiba SD 5700, each time it whirled around for a while and read "disc error". Empire said they would replace. I noticed the disc appeared to be of lighter weight than others - anyone else having this problem?
Works fine in my 5700.

Back