Sony Legacy announces Alan Parsons Project "Sessions Series" with Spatial Audio mixes to streaming services

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Full article here.

A series of of demos and outtakes related to each album is making its way to streaming services. The I Robot sessions is streaming now. Most important to us, the article states "Legacy will also begin releasing the original albums from the Alan Parsons Project catalog in spatial audio over the next 12 months." I did a quick check of the catalog on Apple music. I don't see any surround titles available yet, other than the previously available Dolby Audio of Eye in the Sky. Which you should avoid listening to. The Apple Music stream of that one is very messed up. One track is very distorted. (Or at least that was the case the one time I attempted to listen to it. Not sure if it's ever been fixed).

Eve sessions released with no fanfare:
The only new thing is the two single edits, the rest is the same as on the old remaster. Makes me wonder if there will even be an Eve box.

Oh, and happy birthday to Andrew Powell, whose orchestrations grace every Project album but one!

Back