Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1000002708.jpg

Toshiba/EMI Japanese pressing from the original UK 1st press plates.

This was one of the first albums when I started my vinyl revival. I love this album. Not a bad song on it. I was lucky enough to see them play most of this album at NEARfest several years back.
Hey did you know there was a quad mix of it, too?

But somebody stole all the master tapes from the studio ( CBC ? ). They reissued & remastered the stereo mix a while back, but had to source it from a needledrop of the vinyl.

I might start a thread about it. Maybe the tapes will be discovered.

Ps a friend of mine was at the same studio when they were rehearsing for that show & called me. I should have gone over :confused:

Hey did you know there was a quad mix of it, too?

But somebody stole all the master tapes from the studio ( CBC ? ). They reissued & remastered the stereo mix a while back, but had to source it from a needledrop of the vinyl.

I might start a thread about it. Maybe the tapes will be discovered.

Ps a friend of mine was at the same studio when they were rehearsing for that show & called me. I should have gone over :confused:
Had no idea there was a quad mix. It's such a shame when those masters go missing.

This beautiful Big Big Train just pulled into the station, and it sounds AMAZING through the Surround Master–i'm soaking in it now!
View attachment 102501
I had front row center to see them at RoSfest. It would have been their first show in the US. But covid hit, and it was canceled. Then David Langdon passed. What an all around bummer.

3F6DDF98-8BBD-4CC7-9449-DC9DAFA409E3.jpeg

The Tenants

Nice slice of early 80’s (1983) Cancon. Their first of two albums on Epic. New Wave with a definite Police feel, especially the single Sheriff.
Sounds good, nice full bass.

Last edited:
How's the fidelity on that one?
It sounds great to me, but it is the only version of this album I've had on vinyl. It has been compared favorably with the UK first press. I was able to find this at a better price. It's tough to wade through all the UK pressings and find one that is in NM- condition. It's my favorite Maiden album, so I was willing to pay a little more for this one than I usually would. I think it was around $50, including shipping. Like most Japanese vinyl, it is flat and very quiet.

Reactions: GOS
It sounds great to me, but it is the only version of this album I've had on vinyl. It has been compared favorably with the UK first press. I was able to find this at a better price. It's tough to wade through all the UK pressings and find one that is in NM- condition. It's my favorite Maiden album, so I was willing to pay a little more for this one than I usually would. I think it was around $50, including shipping. Like most Japanese vinyl, it is flat and very quiet.
Are you buying Bruce's recent solo vinyl? I'm debating...

This is one of the gems our 97 year old friend that died recently gave to me. She gave the wife some nice things also.
Anyway, this must be one of the first stereo albums. Copyright 1956!

Attachments

• IMG_3840.jpeg
    IMG_3840.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3844.jpeg
    IMG_3844.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3843.jpeg
    IMG_3843.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3842.jpeg
    IMG_3842.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
This is one of the gems our 97 year old friend that died recently gave to me. She gave the wife some nice things also.
Anyway, this must be one of the first stereo albums. Copyright 1956!
Just listened to the album and it is definitely a demo quality stereo album. If this would have been used to demonstrate the “new stereo sound “ for me in 1958 (I was 9) my nine year old butt would have walked out the door with a killer sound system! Lol

Back