Steely Dan Surround (?)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And it's crap. Seriously compromised separation. I still await Bob finishing the job he started with the first two LPs, & do a conversion from the Q8. His Q8 transfers of the first two totally blow away OD's QS transfers of those same LPs.

Not all are crap. I know crap and the version I have listened to doesn't come anywhere near crap status. If AF could somehow release the first two on SACD that would be unbelievably great but I doubt it would "totally blow away" the version I have listened to because it doesn't suck and is not "crap".

I can't wait to see/hear which quad titles AF chooses...thats another topic for somewhere else.

Not all are crap. I know crap and the version I have listened to doesn't come anywhere near crap status. If AF could somehow release the first two on SACD that would be unbelievably great but I doubt it would "totally blow away" the version I have listened to because it doesn't suck and is not "crap".

I can't wait to see/hear which quad titles AF chooses...thats another topic for somewhere else.
Listen to Bob's translation from the Q8. It makes OD's sound like crap. Really. Not even close.

I've been thinking about picking these up - the reviews here of CBAT are great, CTE not so good, mainly my favorite track, King Of The World, is mixed so poorly. The reviews here of PL aren't too good, either. I still may pick up all 3 anyway and decide for myself.

Sorry for going off-topic.

First two are good. Pretzel Logic is bad.

Listen to Bob's translation from the Q8. It makes OD's sound like crap. Really. Not even close.

It may sound good but the version I have sounds good. I am always looking for upgrades...Like I said, I know crap and the one I have is not crap. Thanks for the heads up!

It may sound good but the version I have sounds good. I am always looking for upgrades...Like I said, I know crap and the one I have is not crap. Thanks for the heads up!
OK. Perhaps crap is too harsh for you. How about mediocre? Just find the Q8 and you'll understand.

OK. Perhaps crap is too harsh for you. How about mediocre? Just find the Q8 and you'll understand.

I finally listened to the Q8 and still don't think the Vinyl conversion sounds "mediocre"...both have their strengths and weaknesses and neither are perfect, both enjoyable.

Back