Steve Hackett-Live at Royal Albert Hall

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree - I enjoyed it as well. It is true, the bass is dialed up quite a bit. I, like most others, dialed back the bass on my sub (which takes about 10 seconds max) and all is OK. This is not reference. But, it's good. And, it's a wonderful way to hear these wonderful tunes. Super glad to have this in my collection.

GOS has it! Insert disc > manage bass > enjoy!

This sounds great on my system. The only bass parts that sound boomy are the Taurus Pedals. Sorry, that is how they are supposed to sound. Boomy and over the top by definition. I, for one, love them. I'm particularly grateful that Rush picked up the habit of their use from Genesis. Helped them incorporate keyboards and backup guitar as a 3-piece.
Anyway, this is a solid 9 or 10 on my setup.

As an owner of Moog Taurus pedals for the past 37 years, I appreciate your comment. When both Geddy and Alex played their respective sets at the same time, it created an on-stage condition they referred to as "pant flap".

Relatedly when I played the Genesis - Seconds Out DTS DVD in the car I had to make a huge cut in the LFE volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^^

Good catch on the Moog Taurus bass pedals.
I appreciate the expertise, jogged my fading memory, recall reading decades back about Genesis using them.

I went to a synthesizer show and swap meet last year in Denver where a fellow had a vintage set for show and tell.
A highlight for me, with an Oberheim Matrix 12.

Speaking of period Genesis equipment, are you all aware of the Canadian tribute band Musical Box?
Very impressive use of all vintage synths and guitars.
Peter Gabriel reportedly is a fan, took his kids to a show so they could see what daddy used to do.

Saw them do Lamb Lies Down On Broadway several years back.
They had the original Slipperman costume Gabriel wore, and hundreds of slides from the light show.

I see they're kicking off a swing around Quebec, then heading to the UK and Europe.
Selling England By The Pound, Halloween show in London.

Loved the Oberheim stuff! I have seen the musical box at least five times doing nursery crime, foxtrot, selling England by the pound and lamb lies down and Broadway. Highly recommended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back