Steve Miller Band "Fly Like An Eagle" 30th Anniversary Edition in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just took a look at Amazon and it is listed as no longer available (i had it on my wish list, waiting till closer to release date to order it with something else to get the free shipping). KRAPP!! What the heck is going on, have they all been recalled??? If so, i hope they fix whatever is the problem and release it someday soon??

As of 10:20 AM 6/30/06 it is still listed at Amazon for a 7/18 street date along with CD Universe, All Music Guide, Circuit City, Tower Records, Stevemillerband.com and Buy.com. I pre-ordered at CD Universe for $17.91(y)

A Friend Gave Me A Demo Copie It Sounds The Same As The Dvd Audio The Intro Is All There In Stereo But Is Still Missing 52 Seconds In 5.1 Maybe Thats The Recall Trainman92

I went to Fry yesterday and the clerk told me that they returned thir copies to the distributor because it was recalled.
the plot thickens. fwiw, i was able to purchase a copy at best buy, and i know of at least one other person who did same at a different bb location. figure i'll just leave it unopened until the smoke clears on what the heck is going on.

the plot thickens. fwiw, i was able to purchase a copy at best buy, and i know of at least one other person who did same at a different bb location. figure i'll just leave it unopened until the smoke clears on what the heck is going on.

What day did you buy this? The Best Buy I went to today only had the placard for the new release. No copies on the shelf though.

Attachments

• Steve Miller FLAE 1.jpg
    Steve Miller FLAE 1.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 180
well, this is getting kinda odd. just saw several copies for sale ($22.99) at a best buy in san diego at lunchtime today (6/28).
Hello,

Which Best Buy did you go to, to get this? The one I went to yesterday(6/29), in San Marcos, didn't have it.

Sure would be nice if they pulled it to fix the intro AND to put it in hi-rez.:)

zabble/aquadad - i purchased it thursday 6/29 at the mira mesa store in san diego. at that time there were three copies total in the rack.

I bought it at the Best Buy here in Santa Rosa today. They have several more copies there.
i'm thinking best buy is having database problems (i work in IT so i'm always thinkng database). i was also able to pick up the new gram parsons 3-disc release (not mch) for $11.99 online from them last week. the price has since jumped to a more realistic $29.99, but it offers more reason to scour the stores and the web site for more customer-friendly anomolies.

I bought it on 6/29 at Worst Buy, several copies on the shelf. Sounds great, very quad like mix not like Guthrie. Concert is 2 hours 10 minutes, plus a 30 minute doc on the album. Too bad its not MLP. I'm not sure but there seems to be extended fade outs on several songs.

Exercise your sense of adventure! Open it and tell us what it is like!

I just took a look at Amazon and it is listed as no longer available (i had it on my wish list, waiting till closer to release date to order it with something else to get the free shipping). KRAPP!! What the heck is going on, have they all been recalled??? If so, i hope they fix whatever is the problem and release it someday soon??

Fix what intro? This is a brand new mix. Nothing like the DTS.

Well looks like i will make a trip to the Best Buy nearest me this weekend and see if they have any, I sure hope so.

zabble/aquadad - i purchased it thursday 6/29 at the mira mesa store in san diego. at that time there were three copies total in the rack.
Hello,

Thanks for the heads-up BD. I was able to get both copies but only after pleading with a mngr. who tried to tell me that he never had them in stock and that his store never sold any copies of it. It took about a 1/2 hour of discussion and searching through boxes in the back room but we did find them wrapped up with a sheet of paper with instructions to return them. He also showed me in the computer that all the history of them was wiped out as if they never existed, all zeros. He showed me that no store is showing any sign of them. He also showed me that they are on order for the July 18th release date. He said he didn't know why they were recalled but that it was probably either because of a technical problem with the disc itself, or, it was because of some kind of legal issues that needed to be resolved.

It was touch and go for awhile but in the end the managers last words were "Here you go. If I don't have them, I can't return them. But, if there's any problem with them just bring 'em back for a refund."

Attachments

• mr miller.jpg
    mr miller.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
What streams are there?
I'm not5 seeing the DTS 96/24 logo, or any DTS logo at all.
Please tell me it's not just Dobly Dirgital!

What streams are there?
I'm not5 seeing the DTS 96/24 logo, or any DTS logo at all.
Please tell me it's not just Dobly Dirgital!
Hell Oh,

What you see is what you get. For what it's worth the entertainment value of this package is a solid 10. The DD mix is done very well despite the fact that the space intro is shortened. The documentary is very enlightening. He actually devotes 30 seconds to mentioning how it took 17 hrs. to do the final mono, stereo and quadraphonic (hands waving through the air) mixes.

The concert from last year in S.F. is 3 hours long and it's also DD. All the hits are in there. The highlight of the concert is when George Thorogood joins him on stage for 1/2 an hour. Then Joe Satriani for the final hour or so.

I would recommend listening to the documentary and then watching the concert before listening to the actual 5.1 version of the album, if you have the time. That's the order they appear in on the disc and in hindsight probably rightfully so. I have never heard the DTS version of this so it was a real treat. For me, what stood out the most was the distinct separate vocals around the soundfield when after all these years I never new they even existed. I also loved the details in the fretwork on Rock'n Me. And oh did I mention all the 360 panning and the 180 ping ponging (far-out man:mad:@: ).

I haven't listened to the regular CD yet. It's 4:15 AM and I need my rest. Although, after what I've just experienced I do feel 30 years younger.

Can't wait to play it again tomorrow.:phones Goodnight

Attachments

• sm discs.jpg
    sm discs.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Thanks for posting the scans, Aquadad! I tried two BB's around here, and although they had the little round aisle balloon advertising the release, they were no where to be found, and not showing up as in stock in their PCs.

BUMMER :( :( :(

Thanks for posting the scans, Aquadad! I tried two BB's around here, and although they had the little round aisle balloon advertising the release, they were no where to be found, and not showing up as in stock in their PCs.

BUMMER :( :( :(
Hello Jon,

There is a 16 page booklet that is very informative. If you would like, I'd be happy to post it so at least you could read about it for now. Let me know.

P.S. I took a lesson in the fundamentals of Quad collecting 101 from you Jon and bought both copies when I had them in hand. It did occur to me that since nothing appears to be wrong with these discs (unless the CD is messed up/ I haven't listened to it yet), that maybe they forgot to put copyright protection on it. I'll have to take it to QB's and see if it's burnable. I myself don't own a burner.

Back