Steven Wilson: "Home Invasion - In concert at the Royal Albert Hall"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Additional 4K Blu-ray titles to be released later in 2024 include Mötley Crüe: The End – Live In Los Angeles, Black Sabbath The End, Eric Clapton Slowhand At 70 Live At The Royal Albert Hall and Steven Wilson Home Invasion In Concert At The Royal Albert Hall.

I don't have Motely Crue, but I have the three others and PG - Live in London. The only one worth an upgrade to me is Home Invasion, my favorite concert video ever with a great 5.1 mix. I'm guessing Adam Holzman will own the heights in the Atmos mix.

I don't have Motely Crue, but I have the three others and PG - Live in London. The only one worth an upgrade to me is Home Invasion, my favorite concert video ever with a great 5.1 mix. I'm guessing Adam Holzman will own the heights in the Atmos mix.
Has an Atmos mix been confirmed?

Arriving Somewhere... was upgraded to Blu-ray from DVD with no new mix, nor even a new master. I think it's likely the only differences here will be video resolution and maybe an HDR grade.
By the time Arriving Somewhere was reissued on Blu-Ray in 2018, I imagine it would have been difficult to open the DAW session files from 2006. With this being a much newer recording, there's a far better chance of an Atmos upgrade (though I too am skeptical).

By the time Arriving Somewhere was reissued on Blu-Ray in 2018, I imagine it would have been difficult to open the DAW session files from 2006.
Trivial. It's possible Steven used some plugins at that time that he no longer owns or have been updated to be incompatible with old instances, such that any effects they imparted would be missing if not printed to audio, but opening a Logic or Pro Tools session from 2006 in 2023/24 is as simple as double clicking the session file.

Arriving Sonewhere... was upgraded to Blu-ray from DVD with no new mix, nor even a new master. I think it's likely the only differences here will be video resolution and maybe an HDR grade.

Yes, but this the age of Atmos. Lots of new mixes of old 5.1s, many of which have been done by Wilson himself. Larks' Tongue in Aspic, for starters.

In any case, I won't repurchase for just for 4K.

When Arriving Somewhere... was rereleased in 2018, wasn't Steven already mixing in Atmos?
Not that I know of. In particular, Home Invasion was released in 2018 and it didn't have Atmos. The first album of his released with Atmos was The Future Bites in 2020. Maybe he did some others a little before then.

Not that I know of. In particular, Home Invasion was released in 2018 and it didn't have Atmos. The first album of his released with Atmos was The Future Bites in 2020. Maybe he did some others a little before then.
It was possibly the first, or at least done at the same time as In the Court of the Crimson King. Either way, yes, he didn't have an Atmos setup quite completed in 2018.

Back