Steven Wilson Steven Wilson in Live Quadraphonic Concert

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
Can this get any better. SW touring Australia, playing here in Melbourne AND presented in Quadraphonic!

The performances on the coming tour will be primarily comprised of material from Wilson’s acclaimed latest album –The Raven That Refused To Sing (And Other Stories) plus selections from previous albums Grace For Drowning and Insurgentes. Accompanying Wilson will be a collective of world class calibre musicians (Guthrie Govan - lead guitar, Adam Holzman - keyboards, Theo Travis – flute & saxophone, Nick Beggs - bass guitar & Chapman Stick, Chad Wackerman - drums), and the sound in the room will be delivered in four channel surround with isolated instruments bursting from every corner of the room – something no-one has attempted since Pink Floyd’s heyday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 133
Oh no !!! I missed Porcupine Tree by a month or so when I moved back from the UK to Australia in 2007 (I think it was) now I miss this because I'll be on holiday in Hawaii........ (n)

Surely you can cancel your holiday in Hawaii? It will still be there when Steven has gone!

You are welcome to stay here, being a fellow kiwi, but you will need to bring your 5 favourite surround discs and 5 bags of Pineapple Chunks!
Easy - 5 bags of pinapple lumps...(y)

What discs to choose - no so easy:

Porcupine Tree - Deadwing
David Crosby - If only I wasn't so stoned maybe I'd remember my name...
King Crimson - Sharks' Lungs in Lemsip
Roxy Music - Avalon
Talking heads - Remain in Light

I've seen this tour twice and the previous tour once. Truth be told, the rear channels are used sparingly to deliver choirs and voices for the most part to great effect. This works Because its the exception to the rule.

Whoever came up with the hyperbole clearly has not attended this great show.

Good for you Lads Down Under! Bands so rarely come to your continent, so enjoy Steven Wilson, the sound should be fantastic!

Back