Steven Wilson - new solo album

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Artwork and songlist available on Steven's site. I can't say I like the cover a lot, but the songs look promising

TRACKLIST

1. First Regret (2.01)
2. 3 Years Older (10.18)
3. Hand Cannot Erase (4.13)
4. Perfect Life (4.43)
5. Routine (8.58)
6. Home Invasion (6.24)
7. Regret #9 (5.00)
8. Transience (2.43)
9. Ancestral (13.30)
10. Happy Returns (6.00)
11. Ascendant Here On…(1.54)

image.jpg

That is not the kind of cover art I would expect for a Steven Wilson album, but I actually like it!

I am also really looking forward to this. His solo albums have continued to improve IMO. I am not sure Raven can be topped but I can hardly wait to find out.

i hope the music and lyrics not as much abstract as picture is :p
lately i'm sort of starting to miss old good Porcupine Tree
any word when it would be available?

thanks Robert. still plenty of time to figure out details about upcoming release, albeit, to be honest,
surround releases of this guy i'm buying with my eyes closed and ears shut down :)

That musical bit at the end of the video sounded very, very nice. Just hope there's a stand-alone blu-ray. I can admire SW for wanting to create a whole deluxe package as an artistic work but personally I'm not interested in spending money on anything other than the 5.1 disc.

Just hope there's a stand-alone blu-ray. I can admire SW for wanting to create a whole deluxe package as an artistic work but personally I'm not interested in spending money on anything other than the 5.1 disc.

I'm thinking exactly the opposite. I regret not buying the deluxe edition of Raven! Would really like to read the stories but afaik they are only available in the deluxe edition.

Hand Cannot Erase preorders should be going up soon on Burning Shed (probably this week).

Surround formats are as follows:
2CD, DVD-V and Blu-Ray Deluxe Book
Blu-Ray
CD/DVD-V

:)

i hope the music and lyrics not as much abstract as picture is :p
lately i'm sort of starting to miss old good Porcupine Tree

You are definitely not alone 0tto. I see lots of people commenting that they miss Porcupine Tree. I am quite the opposite, however, despite being a Porcupine Tree fan since 1995. I listen to a lot more of his solo work than Porcupine Tree these days. In Absentia was my favorite album for years, but the last time I listened to it I actually felt disappointed. It just sounded to bright and compressed. I actually wish Steven would re-mix that one himself, or at least re-master ES's mix.

If I listen to Porcupine Tree these days, I usually pick something from Signify through Stupid Dream.

I can hardly wait for the new one! I'll likely get the Deluxe edition. I have all the previous ones, including The Incident, so no point in stopping now!

Back