Suggestions for Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adam, you forgot to mention the Beatles LOVE album.....80 glorious minutes of 5.1 remixed by uber producer George Martin & Son!

But sadly, NO Led Zep and the Rolling Stones only have the SACD 5.1 remixes of Sympathy For The Devil but No full album titles.

Nope, I remembered The Beatles alright, they just didn't have any released Quads, more's the pity -- That list is all just some of the artists who released QUADs in the QUAD era, all Classic artists imho, far from "one hit wonders" for four eared wonders.. :)

(<< Which was in response to Otto's - with respect - rather bizarre previous comment: "generally pop quad era remind me "one hit wonder" era of late 80s and early 90s")

Something else to keep in mind:

Sometimes if an artist's albums have never been released (domestically) on SACD, it probably will never happen.
Think about it. Why have there never been any Eagles albums released (domestically) on SACD by one of the reissue labels?
It certainly cannot be for a lack of trying on the part of the reissue labels, as I'm sure any one of them would love to sell some Eagles SACDs and probably make a good profit from it too.
Chances are, some or all of those labels have tried to license Eagles albums and have had that request denied.

Something else to keep in mind:

Sometimes if an artist's albums have never been released (domestically) on SACD, it probably will never happen.
Think about it. Why have there never been any Eagles albums released (domestically) on SACD by one of the reissue labels?
It certainly cannot be for a lack of trying on the part of the reissue labels, as I'm sure any one of them would love to sell some Eagles SACDs and probably make a good profit from it too.
Chances are, some or all of those labels have tried to license Eagles albums and have had that request denied.

RT...I'm not sure where you are going with this...it all depends on who holds the rights...Hotel California was released by Warner Japan...probably due to the facilities in Japan...I'm not following the "domestic" connection..I'm assuming by domestic you are referring to the label company's origin...being located in the US...

It would be my guess that the fees are just too high...I think a better question is why haven't the rights holders released more like Hotel California's SACD..

RT...I'm not sure where you are going with this...it all depends on who holds the rights...Hotel California was released by Warner Japan...probably due to the facilities in Japan...I'm not following the "domestic" connection..I'm assuming by domestic you are referring to the label company's origin...being located in the US...

When I say 'domestic', I'm referring to the location of the reissue labels, with all three of the major ones (Audio Fidelity, Mobile Fidelity, and Analogue Productions) being located here in the US. Just because an SACD by a particular artist can be released abroad (in a country like Japan) doesn't mean the same holds true here in the US. If it hasn't happened yet, chances are it may never happen, and that's really all I was getting at.

When I say 'domestic', I'm referring to the location of the reissue labels, with all three of the major ones (Audio Fidelity, Mobile Fidelity, and Analogue Productions) being located here in the US. Just because an SACD by a particular artist can be released abroad (in a country like Japan) doesn't mean the same holds true here in the US. If it hasn't happened yet, chances are it may never happen, and that's really all I was getting at.

You do bring up an interesting point...I'm puzzled why Hong Kong is now a destination for SACD's..maybe it's because of facilities...look at the problems AF had on one of it's releases because of communication problems with the pressing plant in Austria..

Well, I go away for a few days and find out about this bombshell..... having purchased all of AF's surround releases with the exception of Ms. Collins' I was moved to stick that in the Shopping Cart also, admittedly there are good reviews here about it. As long as the program continues, I am not disappointed if some of the fat is trimmed, of course, someone's fat is another one's flavor. My wallet was experiencing a strain with all the releases.

You do bring up an interesting point...I'm puzzled why Hong Kong is now a destination for SACD's..maybe it's because of facilities...look at the problems AF had on one of it's releases because of communication problems with the pressing plant in Austria..

Hong Kong has always been a strong market for SACDs.
Who could forget the Warner Music HK label ignoring Warner Music headquarters and issuing local HK artists on SACD and not DVD Audio back when Warner was marketing DVD Audio discs? :)

Hong Kong has always been a strong market for SACDs.
Who could forget the Warner Music HK label ignoring Warner Music headquarters and issuing local HK artists on SACD and not DVD Audio back when Warner was marketing DVD Audio discs? :)

I wonder why they haven't released anything else(besides Hotel California)by the Eagles on SACD?..Do you think the numbers weren't good enough?

I wonder why they haven't released anything else(besides Hotel California)by the Eagles on SACD?..Do you think the numbers weren't good enough?

They used existing 5.1 mixes that were released on DVD-A originally. Now if they'd give us the quad mix of One of these nights on SACD :)

If you want the Eagles quad mixes I suggest purchasing the Chicago box first. The bean counters are watching. BTW, why are there two blank pages at the end of this thread.

i think they are already was prepared few years back for initial Quadio serie and eventually will be released.

I wonder why they haven't released anything else (besides Hotel California) by the Eagles on SACD?..Do you think the numbers weren't good enough?

Warner Music or the reissue labels would need to license the albums from Eagles Recording Corp (ERC) which controls the masters today from what I've heard.

If you want the Eagles quad mixes I suggest purchasing the Chicago box first. The bean counters are watching. BTW, why are there two blank pages at the end of this thread.

Those are all my deleted posts. Or I'll take credit for them if not.

Warner Music or the reissue labels would need to license the albums from Eagles Recording Corp (ERC) which controls the masters today from what I've heard.

Hmmm…not sure about that.
The last box set collecting all their studio albums together showed copyright ownership under Warner Strategic Marketing, with absolutely nothing mentioning Eagles Recording Corp.
Then the individual discs all showed copyright ownership under Elektra/Asylum records.

Anyway, I would hold out a lot more hope for getting those Eagles Quad mixes released if they were definitely owned by Warner Music themselves and not by the Eagles.

I would remind everyone this thread is intended to offer title suggestions to AF, not business plans or critiques thereof. Posts that do not honor this intention are subject to a heave-ho.

Note to everyone. Please heed Tim's (timbre4) comments above.

The thread topic is "Suggestions for Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD Releases", not "let's bitch and moan about what was released", "what isn't/wasn't released", "what they should do", "how they should do it", "why aren't they doing it the way I would do it", etc etc

And I don't want to hear any shit about censoring or post deletions. If you want to create a thread called "Bitches about modern day surround releases" be my guest. You can bitch and moan and complain all you like in your own thread. You are not being "censored" you are being MODERATED and the thread topic is the key. Stay on topic and be nice and all will be well.

I know most of you are in tune, I just need the rest of you to stay in tune with everyone else. It makes the orchestra sound so much better. Especially in surround.

Thank You for your support

Back