The Beatles Again................

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bizmopeen said:
Let the speculation begin: I wonder which discs they'll start with on the 5.1? They obviously didn't start recording on 4-track until several albums into their career,

Actually, the first 4-track recording made by The Beatles was "I Want To Hold Your Hand." However, the earliest 4-track recordings were still basically made by placing the instruments one one track, the vocals on another, and maybe hand claps, cowbell or the guitar solo on the empty tracks. I wouldn't want anything in 5.1 earlier than "Sgt. Pepper," when they started bouncing back and forth between two 4-track recorders.

J. D.

Even earlier of SgtPepper they used to bounce, so it's possible to do something decent also for Revolver.
Of course no way to get "she loves you" in true 5.1! :cool:))

see this http://store.acousticsounds.com/browse_detail.cfm?Title_ID=36491&section=music as it mentions, this production was George Harrisons Idea to start with. I agree after hearing it, you have never heard the beatles like this before! Well worth the $20.00 it cost me at BB. I sold the cd and kept the dvd-a so it was only $10.00! cuts that stand out: I am the walrus/ and back in the USSR. Holy sh**!!

The "Love" album isn't one of their original albums, you know that. I mean that I'll believe it when I see one of their original albums, such as "Abbey Road" or "Sgt. Pepper" released in 5.1 on either SACD or (preferably) DVD-A.

I would love to see other Beatles in 5.1 also!! after hearing "Love" after all it is the boys!

see this http://store.acousticsounds.com/browse_detail.cfm?Title_ID=36491&section=music as it mentions, this production was George Harrisons Idea to start with. I agree after hearing it, you have never heard the beatles like this before! Well worth the $20.00 it cost me at BB. I sold the cd and kept the dvd-a so it was only $10.00! cuts that stand out: I am the walrus/ and back in the USSR. Holy sh**!!

You paid $20 at Best Buy? I paid $15! It would have been worth twice that. I'm hoping the reissues of those Beatles albums in 5.1 will be in the CD+DVD-A format. No dual disc here; let's not take a chance that someone may not be able to play it.

Love was the best selling CD in Canada in December '06! But I don't know if that means the CD/DVD package or just the plain stereo CD.

Back