The Pineapple Thief-Your Wilderness-Aug.12-format lossless something

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you will :) Or, as soon as you order, the cheaper cd/dvda version you're hoping for will get announced, as that's the way it usually goes. You might regret it then ;)

Anyway, if you were a fan of Bruce's solo album, then this is an absolute must-buy.

Well, I am..but more importantly I'm a fan of TPT!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the price is a bit steep but I paid about the same price for this as I did for the Beck, Bogert and Apppice SACD from Japan and I already had too quad versions of that already. BTW, my copy from Burning Shed arrived at my door as I typed this.

I understand the situation some people are in, as the price is a bit steep. But when this bonus disc is of the same quality as all the other bonus discs from the past, it will be, almost, on par with the album proper. So we basically get two albums of which one is also mixed in surround.

Yes the price is a bit steep but I paid about the same price for this as I did for the Beck, Bogert and Apppice SACD from Japan and I already had too quad versions of that already. BTW, my copy from Burning Shed arrived at my door as I typed this.

That's a great point. This is a new album packaged in a lovely book case with an extra CD, and yet it seems more people complain about the price of this set than they do about the new "Beck Bogert & Appice" SACD, which is just one album that includes a surround mix that has already been released before. (Yeah, I get it, it sounds better than previous releases, but still, it's already been available in one form or another for decades.)

Plus, I think those of you who are holding out on a cheaper CD/DVDA-V release in the future are making a big mistake. If anything, Kscope will probably reissue this album years from now in a smaller deluxe edition with just the two CDs, confining the DVD-A/V to this particular set, because while the DVDA-V is what is drawing most of us on here to this set, the same cannot be said for the average Pineapple Thief fan who probably cares more about the second CD than they do about the DVD-A/V.

Choose wisely! :)

(I did get my copy in today, but I wasn't really paying attention while listening to it, so I'll hold off comments and judgment until I am more clearly focused.)

I like The Pinnapple Thief , but this to steep for me.Because of the import rules in Norway I will have to pay an extra £20 to import it.:(

Plus, I think those of you who are holding out on a cheaper CD/DVDA-V release in the future are making a big mistake.

I think that really depends on one's situation, priorities and point of view. Spending too much money on music can also be a big mistake. We all have to decide what our price point is.
If artists produce packages that are too expensive for some of their fans then their music isn't going to be enjoyed to its fullest extent.
I am more than happy to sit out on packages that exceed my price threshold. I can not possibly collect and enjoy every single MC release ever - not even just the top-notch ones. Maybe if I took out a 2nd mortgage or something, but that doesn't square with my priorities. So I don't feel the need to grab every new release at any cost.

I think that really depends on one's situation, priorities and point of view. Spending too much money on music can also be a big mistake. We all have to decide what our price point is.
If artists produce packages that are too expensive for some of their fans then their music isn't going to be enjoyed to its fullest extent.
I am more than happy to sit out on packages that exceed my price threshold. I can not possibly collect and enjoy every single MC release ever - not even just the top-notch ones. Maybe if I took out a 2nd mortgage or something, but that doesn't square with my priorities. So I don't feel the need to grab every new release at any cost.

Oh, I understand all of that completely.
My message was specifically directed towards those on here who really, really want this release but are holding out on a cheaper release in the future, because I don't think it will happen.
I've passed up on several releases because they were either too expensive, music wasn't good enough, it was released in a lossy format, or any combination of the above.
But all I can say is that I am glad I bought this release, and I will be sure to post a good analysis and review of it as soon as I am able.

:)

Oh, I understand all of that completely.
My message was specifically directed towards those on here who really, really want this release but are holding out on a cheaper release in the future, because I don't think it will happen.
I've passed up on several releases because they were either too expensive, music wasn't good enough, it was released in a lossy format, or any combination of the above.
But all I can say is that I am glad I bought this release, and I will be sure to post a good analysis and review of it as soon as I am able.

:)

Understood - just sayin' there are those like me who are hoping for a scaled-down 5.1 release, but can take or leave it if there's not.
It's up to the label. Do they want a little bit of my money or none?

Understood - just sayin' there are those like me who are hoping for a scaled-down 5.1 release, but can take or leave it if there's not.
It's up to the label. Do they want a little bit of my money or none?

The main reason I think that we won't see a scaled down release of this title with the DVD-A/V is twofold:

1) If Kscope are likely to release a scaled-down deluxe edition in the future, it will likely be with just the two CDs as CDs are cheaper to replicate than DVDs
2) Seeing what's been happening over the last 10-15 years with the decline of physical sales and the rise of digital downloads and streaming, I just think it's getting harder and harder for newer groups to exploit their catalogue with reissues in the same way the nostalgia acts have been able to do.

But I've been wrong before, so we'll see what actually happens.
In the meantime, I'm on my second go-around with this disc, and I'm loving it even more! I'm thinking this will be at least a '9'! :)

I've never been really into TPT - never disliked the music but it just never reached out and grabbed me either. That said, what I heard of this new release was very impressive - Gavin helps seal the deal...and I pulled the trigger on the deluxe at Burning Shed. Did a pre-order of the King Crimson deluxe cd/dvd/br set while at it, get them shipped together whenever those stars align.

Once really familiar with TPT release I'll probably try and revisit some of the previous stuff - might be one of those things that clicks with me a little later than expected.

I still don't understand why vinyl and digital surround are packaged. How many buyers would want both? And the book would be nice if I were a fan of TPT, but I've never heard their music.

If the DVD-A was released without the vinyl and book I'd definitely buy this but in its current form (and price) it's a no.

I still don't understand why vinyl and digital surround are packaged. How many buyers would want both? And the book would be nice if I were a fan of TPT, but I've never heard their music.

If the DVD-A was released without the vinyl and book I'd definitely buy this but in its current form (and price) it's a no.

Uhh... Look again...there's no vinyl in this set...just two CDs and the DVDA-V disc

Uhh... Look again...there's no vinyl in this set...just two CDs and the DVDA-V disc

Whoops. I misread one of the links earlier that showed the vinyl. Then on BurningShed it came up as 40GBP and wrongly assumed the 10GBP shipping was related to vinyl being included... It's obviously the hard cover book. (Thanks Ryan)

Any reviews on the surround mix? I am still on the fence regarding this release because of the high cost, but I've listened to the album in stereo and it is indeed really good. I'll likely take the plunge if the surround mix is good.

Any reviews on the surround mix? I am still on the fence regarding this release because of the high cost, but I've listened to the album in stereo and it is indeed really good. I'll likely take the plunge if the surround mix is good.

I haven't listened to it enough yet to give it a rating and review in the polls; I still want to give it a few more spins. But I will say this regarding the surround: It's very good. I have one rather minor complaint about the mix, and that's on the... second song?... I think?... anyway, there's some background vocals mixed into the surround channels, and they seem to be WAY too loud. It hits that part and I turn my receiver down a few notches for a moment. Other than that, I think the mix is fantastic, and perfectly suited to the music. It's an excellent release, and if you're enjoying the music, you'll enjoy it that much more in surround. As of right now, I'm feeling a strong 9 on this one. I have NO regrets on my purchase, and it's something I continually look forward to listening to.

If people are sitting on the fence on this release you might want to act on it as this was Bruce's tweet today:

"Last chance, when they gone they gone! Although I do have a secret stash in my studio for my retirement. #deluxe"

and that was attached to this:

Burning Shed ‏@burningshednews 1h1 hour ago
.@pineapplethief Your Wilderness update:
1) vinyl back in stock
2) Deluxe edition going fast
https://www.burningshed.com/store/kscope/collection/284/

Back