The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snood going to see Elvis Costello next Tuesday downtown Orlando brand new Dr Phillips Center for the Arts (real nice) - on his DETOUR tour..............just him solo no band. Looking forward to it big time :banana:

Gonna see WILCO in April at Hard Rock Orlando - Snood love me some Nels Cline (guitar in Wilco) - super looking forward to that :banana:

I am officially in the market for face value tickets to the Fare The Well Grateful Dead shows in July in Chicago. I plan to be in the city whether or not I get tix, if anyone is interested in a meet-up. Please PM me if you have any combination of tix available. I plan to go all three nights, so a three day pass would be ideal!

Thanks!

Also, bought a ticket for Steven Wilson in Boulder CO on June 9th!

Just another small show next weekend at local theater The Kimo (nice place for shows) - Canadian trio The Wailin' Jennys. I've had their albums and was a little surprised to see them get a show down here.

Just got back from the first gig of the Hand. Cannot. Erase. tour in Cambridge and yet again, Mr Wilson and his band of merry men knocked it out of the park. As with most, if not all of his gigs, the stage is simple and devoid of anything that can't be picked up or sat down at and played. The visuals and lighting are, as always, compelling and stunning, with plenty of new HCE material. The album is virtually played in full and there are some classic back catalogue numbers thrown in for good measure. The band are as tight as a nuns chuff and are simply mind blowing in their skill and prowess. The sound is stunning and yes, there are plenty of surround elements in the show!

The tour has gotten off to a solid, rapturous start and if you have tickets for any of the subsequent venues, you will not be disappointed!

Just got back from the first gig of the Hand. Cannot. Erase. tour in Cambridge and yet again, Mr Wilson and his band of merry men knocked it out of the park. As with most, if not all of his gigs, the stage is simple and devoid of anything that can't be picked up or sat down at and played. The visuals and lighting are, as always, compelling and stunning, with plenty of new HCE material. The album is virtually played in full and there are some classic back catalogue numbers thrown in for good measure. The band are as tight as a nuns chuff and are simply mind blowing in their skill and prowess. The sound is stunning and yes, there are plenty of surround elements in the show!

The tour has gotten off to a solid, rapturous start and if you have tickets for any of the subsequent venues, you will not be disappointed!

I'm going to the Cardiff gig tonight.

Excited. Very. Much. ;)

In case you're interested, and in the interest of seeing how much they stick to a list, here's the running order from last night...

First Regret
3 Years Older
Hand Cannot Erase
Perfect Life
Routine
Index
Home Invasion
Regret #9
Lazarus
Harmony Korine
Ancestral
Happy Returns
Ascendant Here On…
The Watchmaker
Sleep Together
The Raven That Refused to Sing

Steven did have a joke with his guitar tech before the final song after he failed to bring out Steven's stool and said, "you didn't expect us to stick to the set list, did you?" ;)

Last edited:
In case you're interested, and in the interest of seeing how much they stick to a list, here's the running order from last night...

First Regret
3 Years Older
Hand Cannot Erase
Perfect Life
Routine
Index
Home Invasion
Regret #9
Lazarus
Harmony Korine
Ancestral
Happy Returns
Ascendant Here On…
The Watchmaker
Sleep Together

Steven did have joke with his guitar tech before the final song after he failed to bring out Steven's stool and said, "you didn't expect us to stick to the set list, did you?" ;)

I have to wait until the London gig next Tuesday, but have high hopes and am getting very excited too. Glad he's resurrected Lazarus :)o), great song.

First Regret
3 Years Older
Hand Cannot Erase
Perfect Life
Routine
Index
Home Invasion
Regret #9
Lazarus
Harmony Korine
Ancestral
Happy Returns
Ascendant Here On…
The Watchmaker
Sleep Together

Steven did have joke with his guitar tech before the final song after he failed to bring out Steven's stool and said, "you didn't expect us to stick to the set list, did you?" ;)

Superb! Besides the recent and not so recent solo material, Lazarus was the track that got me hooked on Porcupine Tree and subsequently all that is Steven Wilson, so looking forward to hearing this band's version.

I have a question...I'm planning on seeing Dave Mathews Band (we've never seem him) and tix are either 50 Euros (SRO)
OR
120+ for a VIP tix which includes a "cocktail"...
Anyone have any "explanation" or description/experience of what a "cocktail" actually is?

I have a question...I'm planning on seeing Dave Mathews Band (we've never seem him) and tix are either 50 Euros (SRO)
OR
Anyone have any "explanation" or description/experience of what a "cocktail" actually is?

Alcoholic beverage :brew:brew

Perhaps DMB plans to deposit the same unwelcome gift on the concertgoers as they did on a boatload of unsuspecting Chicagoans while driving their tour bus over a bridge: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/people/2005-04-29-dmb-dumping_x.htm

OR

Alcoholic beverage :brew:brew

And maybe a gladhand with one or more band members...that sometimes happens, which is cool.

As for the waste incident, the band was lucky it didn't get more press than it did, even if it wasn't their fault (directly).

ED :)

Well, hopefully it's a BIG cocktail...

OR

Elvis Costello tooooooooooooooooonight in 3 and half hours :banana:

On my way home from seeing Steven Wilson in London. Wow, what an amazing gig! I really hope they're filming a gig on this tour, I want to watch and listen to this again and again. He was in great spirits and great voice, and the band was incredible. And the back projected films were so clear and added to the experience. I was moved that he dedicated The Raven to Daevid Allen, which was a nice touch. He said that he'd met him a couple of times and he was 'mad as a box of frogs'!!

Oooooooops forgot to give my Elvis Costello review from march 17th last Tuesday.

Great Show Great set.........it was mainly him by himself playing acoustic and sometimes electric guitar and a lil piano - He did have the opening Act Larkin Poe (2 sisters playing slide guitar and mandolin/guitar - they were good) accompany him on some of the encore tunes. Show lasted about 2 hours 15 minutes with the opening act adding another 30 minutes.

LIke Snood said, no band - so if you were not a hard core to semi hard core fan, then maybe this DETOUR as it is called would not be for ya. He played 4 encores (yes 4 encores) and yes he seemed a lil tippsy being St. Patricks Day. Minimal small stage with a Big TV playing his old videos before the concert and showing pics during - a Piano and an old rocking chair with a pair of megaphones.

Very Enjoyable time was had :banana:

Next Snood show will be Wilco in late April at the Hard Rock Universal Studios Orlando

Here is the set list:

01. (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes
02. Cheap Reward
03. Watch Your Step
04. Accidents Will Happen
05. Ascension Day
06. Church Underground
07. 45
08. Green Shirt
09. Raglan Road
10. Oliver's Army
11. Shipbuilding - on piano
12. All Grown Up - on piano
13. Walkin' My Baby Back Home - seated
14. Ghost Train - seated
15. Who's The Meanest Gal In Town Josephine - seated
16. Beyond Belief - seated
17. Watching The Detectives - including unidentified snippet
Encore 1
19. Pads, Paws And Claws - with Larkin Poe
20. Love Field - with Larkin Poe
21. That's Not The Part Of Him You're Leaving - with Larkin Poe
22. Hidee Hidee Ho - with Larkin Poe
23. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding? - with Larkin Poe
Encore 2 - in TV set
24. Alison
25. Pump It Up
Encore 3
26. Veronica
27. Jimmie Standing In The Rain - including Brother, Can You Spare A Dime?
Encore 4
28. Brilliant Mistake - with Larkin Poe
29. Laughing At Life - with Larkin Poe
30. Down On The Bottom - with Larkin Poe
31. Blame It On Cain - with Larkin Poe

Back