The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully, you'll be one of them, sitting in the front roll. (y):sun

Got a ticket for both Steven Wilson Royal Albert Hall gigs, but unfortunately not front row! I logged on when the box offices opened at 9 this morning, and many of the best tickets had already gone. The boy's becoming ever more popular (y). When I saw him in London a couple of weeks ago, I was sat next to a young Irish girl who was there with her boyfriend. She seemed to know most of the words to the songs, but between each song she screamed and whooped like she was at a One Direction concert!!

A different set each night for these gigs means I suppose that they won't be the Hand.Cannot.Erase centred current tour set list. I wonder who the "very special guests" are likely to be.

Got a ticket for both Steven Wilson Royal Albert Hall gigs, but unfortunately not front row! I logged on when the box offices opened at 9 this morning, and many of the best tickets had already gone. The boy's becoming ever more popular (y). When I saw him in London a couple of weeks ago, I was sat next to a young Irish girl who was there with her boyfriend. She seemed to know most of the words to the songs, but between each song she screamed and whooped like she was at a One Direction concert!!

A different set each night for these gigs means I suppose that they won't be the Hand.Cannot.Erase centred current tour set list. I wonder who the "very special guests" are likely to be.

I got tickets for the Monday night with my mate. We both saw him at Cambridge a couple of weeks ago so are very much looking forward to this gig at the Albert!

I was there for the Raven gig and managed to get stalls seats but this time I'm up in the circle, albeit with front row and row end seats, so that makes it a bit nicer :)

Let me give a big thumbs up(y) to all of you that still attend live concerts..I quit going years ago because I no longer wanted the "hassles" that go with it and with my sobriety I'm less tolerant of people who act the way I used to act at concerts(nothing worse than a reformed drinker/stoner)..but thanks to this thread I can live vicariously thru your good times..keep up the great posts!

I got tickets for the Monday night with my mate. We both saw him at Cambridge a couple of weeks ago so are very much looking forward to this gig at the Albert!

I was there for the Raven gig and managed to get stalls seats but this time I'm up in the circle, albeit with front row and row end seats, so that makes it a bit nicer :)

Same here, stalls ticket for Raven gig, but circle for this Monday show. It'll be an interesting perspective, especially if he uses the back projections, which I'm sure he will. I um'ed and ah'ed and decided to go on the Tuesday one too, as its supposed to be different sets. I got stalls tickets for that one. Any thoughts on the "very special guests"? I think Marco and Guthrie may be back for these ones, as its between Aristocrats and Joe Satriani tours I think.

Let me give a big thumbs up(y) to all of you that still attend live concerts..I quit going years ago because I no longer wanted the "hassles" that go with it and with my sobriety I'm less tolerant of people who act the way I used to act at concerts(nothing worse than a reformed drinker/stoner)..but thanks to this thread I can live vicariously thru your good times..keep up the great posts!

I know where you're coming from. I don't go to much nowadays, and when I go I normally go on my own due to my musical mates feeling the same as you. As we get older don't you think that other people in public seem more annoying anyway than we used to find them! Its a little easier for me as I work in London, so a midweek gig isn't too bad. The week before these Steven Wilson gigs I've got David Gilmour, also at the Albert Hall, and a couple of weeks before that there's King Crimson, so its almost like the old days, but with less hair!

For all of us geezer rockers out there, Artpark (a local venue for outdoor festivals in Lewiston NY) recently announced a half dozen shows coming this season, all for $12 general admission. The Doobie Brothers, Steve Miller Band, Frampton/Cheap Trick. and Deep Purple. I have seen the Doobies several times and will see this upcoming show as well. It's always a good time with Johnston and Simmons still in the fold. I've never seen Steve miller but I am looking forward to it in the hopes there will be a lot of music I know as opposed to the newer stuff that I do not. I'm not a big Frampton fan, but I know Cheap Trick alone is worth the price of admission. I'm not sure what to expect from Deep Purple. I was surprised to learn that Gillan, Glover, Lord, and Paice were all still touring members. It could be very good.

In case you didn't know Jon Lord actually died 3 years ago!

Of course, I did not know. RIP JL. I was reading an outdated site. The most recent info I can find list Gillan, Glover, and Paice as remaining founding members along with Steve Morse on guitar and an (unknown to me) keyboard player.

Of course, I did not know. RIP JL. I must have been reading an old site.

I haven't seen Purple for years, but have seen dvds of the current band and I'd say they're still well worth seeing. The keyboardist is Don Airey, who has been in many bands before, and is excellent.

When I saw him in London a couple of weeks ago, I was sat next to a young Irish girl who was there with her boyfriend. She seemed to know most of the words to the songs, but between each song she screamed and whooped like she was at a One Direction concert!!

Maybe, she was on a Hallucinogen and thought she was watching One Direction...LOL! :mad:@:

Next weekend - Hawkwind at the Hawkeaster festival

HawkEaster%202015%20New%20Flyer%20V2sm.jpg

Tickets went on sale this morning for John Fogerty here in Abq - same venue we went to see Ringo at last year. Nice place as long as we don't get another monsoon. I haven't seen John since 1986 (!) on his Eye of the Zombie tour when he wasn't playing any CCR songs at all. This tour is being billed as "John Fogerty - 1969" so I'm guessing we'll get a lot of Bayou, Green River and Willy songs, hopefully a few of the non-hit ones thrown in with the obvious choices.

Well just bought three tickets for the The Who Hits 50! tour stop in Nashville, TN on Monday May 11!
Probably won't be quite as good as their Quadrophenia tour a few years ago, but I'm still looking forward to it!

And then, less than two weeks after that, it will be RUSH's R40 tour in New Orleans!
Now THAT could be the show of the year for me!
(Unless I manage a way to get to a Steven Wilson concert…) :)

Well just bought three tickets for the The Who Hits 50! tour stop in Nashville, TN on Monday May 11!
Probably won't be quite as good as their Quadrophenia tour a few years ago, but I'm still looking forward to it!

And then, less than two weeks after that, it will be RUSH's R40 tour in New Orleans!
Now THAT could be the show of the year for me!
(Unless I manage a way to get to a Steven Wilson concert…) :)

pssstt......they're doing "A Quick One" on this tour.

Looking forward to UK Final Tour 2015 in Philadelphia next week. Got a VIP ticket to go in early and hoping to get my Zinc - Green Album CD booklet signed and ask about surround mixes.

Keep Calm and Have Patience

Looking forward to UK Final Tour 2015 in Philadelphia next week. Got a VIP ticket to go in early and hoping to get my Zinc - Green Album CD booklet signed and ask about surround mixes.

Keep Calm and Have Patience

Old news, but "Stranded", "Country Life", and "Siren" would all be incredible in surround!
(Not to mention the first UK album with Bruford) :)

Back