The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok you guys might laugh, but Snood got my ticket to the Chris Isaak show next month At Hard Rock Orlando - 4/26 :banana:

This guy can sing and is a good song writer..........got all his stuff

Wasn't thinking he was touring over here this year, he been in Australia doing shows and TV forever..........

Ok you guys might laugh, but Snood got my ticket to the Chris Isaak show next month At Hard Rock Orlando - 4/26 :banana:

This guy can sing and is a good song writer..........got all his stuff

Wasn't thinking he was touring over here this year, he been in Australia doing shows and TV forever..........

Snood, a few years ago, Chris Isaak opened up for Tina Turner and both shows were incredible. Chris is an amazing songwriter and singer and I used to watch his offbeat show [the Chris Isaak Show] on cable. Why can't we have some Chris (and some Tina) in 5.1?:banana::banana: One banana for Chris and one for Tina!

Seeing Maiden at the LA Forum (Inglewood, CA) on Apr 15th. Anybody have advice about the best way to get to/from the show? I will be booking a night at a nearby hotel/motel soon. I'll be driving to Inglewood (with one or two buddies).
Is the best thing to drive from my lodging to the venue and pay for parking? Take a cab? A certain bus line or shuttle? Is the neighborhood safe? Several hotels look like they're within walking distance, but I don't want to get murdered. :confused:
Thanks all!

ELO is coming to NYC! I will finally get to see Jeff Lynne in concert!!! :cool:

Jeff-Lynne-ELO-Landing-Soon-NYC-3-24-16.jpg

I noticed David Gilmour is doing one of those 'mini concerts' Jimmy Kimmel has on occasions this coming Monday, March 28. They tend to air at a later date, if anyone knows when, it would be appreciated if you'd post here, thanks ;)

Have a good time! Looking forward to the shows in NYC.

Gilmour was great tonight! He announced from the stage that it was the first time he had played there since 1972, from which a famous recording exists. Then as tonight he treated the crowd to a killer fireworks display, and the dome of the Bowl was incorporated into the light show to great effect. Highly recommended!

Gilmour was great tonight! He announced from the stage that it was the first time he had played there since 1972, from which a famous recording exists. Then as tonight he treated the crowd to a killer fireworks display, and the dome of the Bowl was incorporated into the light show to great effect. Highly recommended!

Billboard gave a glowing review of the show and posted the following nice photos:

david-gilmour-hollywood-bowl-2016-billboard-650.jpg

david-gilmour-hollywood-bowl-2016-billboard-620.jpg

12496101_10154685072838574_7287547739802794932_o_zpsjahh4osd.jpgpf_pulse3_zps45jfs1qw.jpg

Is the big circular screen with perimeter lights behind the band the same one that was used for the PF Pulse tour (pic on the right) 20+ years ago? If so, that's pretty cool...:upthumb

View attachment 25643View attachment 25644

Is the big circular screen with perimeter lights behind the band the same one that was used for the PF Pulse tour (pic on the right) 20+ years ago? If so, that's pretty cool...:upthumb

It's an updated version of Mr. Screen. It's LED based instead of cinema-like rear proyections like in 1994.
Will it fit in Pompeii's amphitheatre?

I cant wait. I get to see it in Toronto on 3/31.

Just enjoyed 3 hours and 45 minutes of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band doing The River tour at the LA Sports Arena (The Dump That Jumps!) on March 19th. Last concert there, the venue is to be torn down.

Bruce should put out a fitness/diet book - whatever he is doing at 66 YEARS OF AGE is working!!!

Hawkwind's HawkEaster was good fun, though I wish they hadn't done the same set on both nights. Ex-Motorhead's Phil Campbell's All Starr Band were great last night, a lot of energy. Now to lay off the booze for a week :yikes!:brew :(

Hawkwind's HawkEaster was good fun, though I wish they hadn't done the same set on both nights. Ex-Motorhead's Phil Campbell's All Starr Band were great last night, a lot of energy. Now to lay off the booze for a week :yikes!:brew :(

I'm going to see Hawkwind this Friday, the last time that I saw the band was almost 30 years ago! It will be a reunion of some very old friends, with the gig being in the town where I grew up, at Eastbourne's Winter Garden Theatre :)

It'll be fun, Hawkwind are doing their forthcoming album The Machine, which I liked (good back projections) hopefully you won't have the fire alarms go off when the flame eating dancer's are on stage as happened on Saturday night at HawkEaster - I'd blamed the Lemmy memorial beer they were selling! I first saw Hawkwind On The Hall Of The Mountain Grill tour in Watford Town Hall it was either Dec. 1974 or Jan 1975 (sadly no dancing Stacia!!) then again in around 1994 - I came to the conclusion the 70s hadn't ended :)

I'm going to see Hawkwind this Friday, the last time that I saw the band was almost 30 years ago! It will be a reunion of some very old friends, with the gig being in the town where I grew up, at Eastbourne's Winter Garden Theatre :)

My tv shows Gilmour to be the musical guest on Kimmel tonight, in case anyone wants to catch the performance...

Overall, that was a very good performance last night. Gilmour's voice does seem to be a little worse for the wear as he's gotten older, but it still was a very enjoyable performance, and it's so great to see him still out there doing what he does best, making great music! :)

Back