The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robin Trower delivered a strong set in Chattanooga last night! Had planned Nashville tonight but on a train chasing trip with my son now (NC/VA/TN) so I decided to go last night on a whim. So glad I did! Still has the fire and passion. Plus very kind with chatting and signing stuff. Told him it had been since San Diego 1975 and his playing put me in tears twice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
19d89ddc429c1ee0fab028222453ce71.jpg
fb8eb8488cabb7abbe55f920a013ecb9.jpg

Robin Trower delivered a strong set in Chattanooga last night! Had planned Nashville tonight but on a train chasing trip with my son now (NC/VA/TN) so I decided to go last night on a whim. So glad I did! Still has the fire and passion. Plus very kind with chatting and signing stuff. Told him it had been since San Diego 1975 and his playing put me in tears twice!

He's another performer that has never gotten enough respect...massive guitar skills...I'd love to see Bridge of Sighs given the hi rez treatment..

Would that be the 611 train trip you are chasing from Spencer to Lynchburg. I was going to ride that one but decided to stay local and ride the Hoosac Valley Railfan Special instead, North Adams to Adams Mass.

Robert Plant in Madrid on July. Just a few days after going to Pompeii for Gilmour's concert.

Kap'n, take a look at nochesdelbotanico.com, great performers this year!

Gracias César...Bobby is a bit too expensive for me...I'm gonna see Seal, though!!! Saludos...
(EDIT: at 120 EUR for a decent place, I don't think so...unless I get a job soon) ...despido improcedente el mes pasado...así vamos...de culo!!!!

Saw David Gilmour at the United Center in Chicago last night. Eighth row floor seats. The best version of "Money" I've heard him or Pink Floyd play. Mind you, I've never seen the original line-up. Last night's version had no backup singer embellishments or unnecessary flamboyant percussionist fills on the song like I've seen and cringed at in the past. Gilmour seemed to be taking risks in the guitar solo department, which I really appreciated. I'm not a big fan of live juke box music.

Attachments

• image-3017083166.jpg
    image-3017083166.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 174
Gilmour again tomorrow night @ Radio City Music Hall - my 1st ever show there, and at Madison Square Garden on Monday. Great tour!

By the way, one of my favorite all-time recordings of any music in any format was captured 35 years ago tonight. Al DiMeola, John McLaughlin, & Paco DeLucia at UMASS Amherst, Massachusetts. 4/9/81. I have listened to this more than any other single recording in my collection. It is amazing!

The Darkness - The Belasco Theater, Tuesday April 12th... Tiny little place in downtown LA, general admission only...Can't Wait!!! I've never seen these guys live before, had no idea they were in town until today, and the tickets are only $25!!!
Iron Maiden - The Forum, Friday April 15th... Oh yeah....
Weezer/Panic At The Disco - August 6th, Irvine Meadows, CA - I love Weezer and my 16 yr old daughter loves Panic... seems like the perfect father/daughter date!
Santana - House Of Blues, Las Vegas Saturday Sept 17th... Just booked a weekend trip to Vegas with my wifey; not sure if Neil Schon will be involved with the Vegas shows, but I've never seen Carlos, so can't wait for this one either!!

In the end I succumbed...I'm also seeing Percy in Madrid in July....hope he doesn't cancel like he did last time!

Not long after Woodstock in '69, I was in my favorite record store (dept.), E. J. Korvettes. They were then the World's largest record retailer. They were spinning the first Santana record. I was an instant hard-core fan and have been ever since.

I've seen Santana live perhaps 8-9 times. You won't be disappointed!

...Santana - House Of Blues, Las Vegas Saturday Sept 17th... Just booked a weekend trip to Vegas with my wifey; not sure if Neil Schon will be involved with the Vegas shows, but I've never seen Carlos, so can't wait for this one either!!

I'd have LOVED seeing Santana on this tour, but it was prohibitive!!!!!
I even tolD Michael Shrieve and his response was ..well, that was what they charged in Vegas....I told him Marbella is not Vegas , ...and also in Vegas is a double bill with Journey!!!

I'd have LOVED seeing Santana on this tour, but it was prohibitive!!!!!
I even tolD Michael Shrieve and his response was ..well, that was what they charged in Vegas....I told him Marbella is not Vegas , ...and also in Vegas is a double bill with Journey!!!

You must not have been to a concert lately. It is hard to find a ticket to see a B grade act under $100 in the nose bleed section. The cheapest seats to see Adele in Miami in October is $230 and that is standing room only in the back of the hall. It is not Santana whom is charging the outrageous prices it is everyone.

You must not have been to a concert lately. It is hard to find a ticket to see a B grade act under $100 in the nose bleed section. The cheapest seats to see Adele in Miami in October is $230 and that is standing room only in the back of the hall. It is not Santana whom is charging the outrageous prices it is everyone.

Wow!!
You guys must either have a lot of dough or just not go see any concerts!!!!

The most expensive one I've been in Spain was either Macca in BCN about 12 years ago or Roger Waters in 2007(?) ALSO in BCN...and it was around 65 EUR...more or less the price for Percy and Seal this summer...
LOCAL gigs in small venues are VERY affordable...SW was less than 40 EUR the last two shows...Julieta Venegas was 22 EUR!!!
Dave Matthews was like 45 EUR and One Republic about the same....

Either way, the "average" Spaniard (or facsimile thereof, like me) does not have the money for the Santana concert...I'll wait for the BD...at least I already ordered the LP....

Besides...I saw Santana opening for The Clash and The Who in Philly (Sept 25 1982) at the JFK stadium...and with Wayne Shorter (where he seemed to be a bit out of place with all of those superb jazz musicians) in 1988(?) in Tanglewood, MA...

Well, the Yes "special announcement" takes me to a 404 error page at this time :(

On the subject of YES... It seems Jon Anderson has teemed up with Jean Luc Ponty and are touring as the Anderson-Ponty Band. They have a scheduled stop in my area. I have to wonder how well the tour is drawing. The venue where they are to appear is a renovated movie theatre. Typically only tribute bands play there. Has anyone seen this show?

By the way, one of my favorite all-time recordings of any music in any format was captured 35 years ago tonight. Al DiMeola, John McLaughlin, & Paco DeLucia at UMASS Amherst, Massachusetts. 4/9/81. I have listened to this more than any other single recording in my collection. It is amazing!

What recording is this?

Back