The WHO HITS 50 BLU RAY AUDIO

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...I'll take the high road here...let's just say that a lot of the opinions from that forum don't really equal my own on sound quality...that's as diplomatic as I can be:)

Well, that's up to you, but Lucpac, a member there who is quite an authority on all things The Who has been contributing generously to that thread and has posted lots of good info on the mastering sources for much of the new comp. Believe me, he would have dismissed it right out of hand had it been another shoddy cheap-jack comp. There's some interesting things going on over at The Who camp lately, as in all the recent I-tunes and HDtracks additions with shockingly good sonics. Who fans all over are a-buzzin'. I also bought it and concur with the generally favorable opinions. It IS a comp though, so nobody is going to like every track or it's mastering, but all in all it's surprisingly good, plus it has the new song on it. It was on sale at Best Buy in a collector's box with a t-shirt for $9.99 the last few weeks so at that price it was a no-brainer for many of us that might not have picked it up. I'm actually very glad I did.

Well, that's up to you, but Lucpac, a member there who is quite an authority on all things The Who has been contributing generously to that thread and has posted lots of good info on the mastering sources for much of the new comp. Believe me, he would have dismissed it right out of hand had it been another shoddy cheap-jack comp. There's some interesting things going on over at The Who camp lately, as in all the recent I-tunes and HDtracks additions with shockingly good sonics. Who fans all over are a-buzzin'. I also bought it and concur with the generally favorable opinions. It IS a comp though, so nobody is going to like every track or it's mastering, but all in all it's surprisingly good, plus it has the new song on it. It was on sale at Best Buy in a collector's box with a t-shirt for $9.99 the last few weeks so at that price it was a no-brainer for many of us that might not have picked it up. I'm actually very glad I did.

I'm really not familiar with that poster...and there are a few I trust over there on the non Hoffman titles..on any title that Hoffman has worked on there is zero chance of getting any accurate feedback...it's like a fan boy circus and Hoffman is the ringmaster..if there are some good sounding discs in the Who portfolio this is truly good news..thanks for your input...

one can only hope! i'd buy it just to have Eminence Front and Who Are You in 5.1!
old post. We do have this dvd. Purchased years ago and it does have an outstanding 5.1 recording of Eminence Front. Love it!

Attachments

• R-2274823-1273860063.jpg
    R-2274823-1273860063.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 0
Back