Turntable question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the estimated delivery from New York, I thought it would arrive mid next week. I guess I won't get to try my new vinyl I ordered...
Oops - wait, I have TUSK. Forgot. I'll also give what few older LP's I still have...

Such as...

BOZ.jpg

Based on the estimated delivery from New York, I thought it would arrive mid next week. I guess I won't get to try my new vinyl I ordered...
Oops - wait, I have TUSK. Forgot. I'll also give what few older LP's I still have...

Such as...

View attachment 23615

I would try some older vinyl first until you get used to operating the table...experiment on the less important one's first...

Some pictures...not the best quality....pretty reflective this time of night...
I can't really hook it up tonight as the RCA cable doesn't reach and I don't really have an option in current setup to even move stuff around. I'm gonna have to buy some 6' extentions to make it work. I can, though, temporarily just set it on a shelf right next to my AVR to test it out. It would be in the way of a doorway though and I really can't even leave it there temporarily....

Model name.jpgNeedle closeup.jpgTonearm.jpg
turntable.jpgTUSK view.jpgwide view.jpg

Well, I did manage to get all the settings on the tonearm set. I went ahead and set it on the floor right next to my AVR and cued up some Tusk. This is so weird.....I was practically afraid to lower the arm to the vinyl.....I don't know if I thought lobsters were gonna fly out of the speakers or what...lol!

Anyway - all is good. Sounded good, but I noticed a big difference in bass right off the bat. I had to raise the sub level by about 7 db to make it better. Not sure if that's common or what. Of course, could just be the vinyl played, not sure what else it could be. maybe there are additional settings in my AVR that I'm not aware of for Phono...but somehow, I doubt it.

Anyway - it's a sweet looking table and it will be fun to have it. :)

Well, I did manage to get all the settings on the tonearm set. I went ahead and set it on the floor right next to my AVR and cued up some Tusk. This is so weird.....I was practically afraid to lower the arm to the vinyl.....I don't know if I thought lobsters were gonna fly out of the speakers or what...lol!

Anyway - all is good. Sounded good, but I noticed a big difference in bass right off the bat. I had to raise the sub level by about 7 db to make it better. Not sure if that's common or what. Of course, could just be the vinyl played, not sure what else it could be. maybe there are additional settings in my AVR that I'm not aware of for Phono...but somehow, I doubt it.

Anyway - it's a sweet looking table and it will be fun to have it. :)

It's looking good(y)

OK, now I just had some fun....dug out one of my old LP's from back in the day and I have to say it was sure fun playing this! Really sounded pretty darn good. Some of my bass could just be altering the anti-skate. We'll see. Here is a pic of my LP and the table spinning away on the floor. Yes, floor. No vibration at all, so maybe I won't have as much trouble as I thought...

Priest LP.jpg

OK, now I just had some fun....dug out one of my old LP's from back in the day and I have to say it was sure fun playing this! Really sounded pretty darn good. Some of my bass could just be altering the anti-skate. We'll see. Here is a pic of my LP and the table spinning away on the floor. Yes, floor. No vibration at all, so maybe I won't have as much trouble as I thought...

View attachment 23624

You mean Judas Priest actually has a best of?? Ummmmmm Whaaaaaaaa :yikes

Snood kids :rolleyes:

Hi. GOS
I see you are back into records.......I wounder if this is going to happen.

View attachment 23627
View attachment 23628

Haha - I hope so. I can tell you - spinning that Judas Priest record that I haven't likely played in 30 years sure brought a smile to my face. I just tried to imagine the last time I spun it and it's pretty humbling....

Some pictures...not the best quality....pretty reflective this time of night...
I can't really hook it up tonight as the RCA cable doesn't reach and I don't really have an option in current setup to even move stuff around. I'm gonna have to buy some 6' extentions to make it work. I can, though, temporarily just set it on a shelf right next to my AVR to test it out. It would be in the way of a doorway though and I really can't even leave it there temporarily....

View attachment 23618View attachment 23619View attachment 23620
View attachment 23621View attachment 23622View attachment 23623

GOS, time to put your chubby feline (bottom pic) on the treadmill OR the Turntable at 78 rpm. Reminds me of my old cat Garth who was chubby as well but one of my very favorite 'pals!' :kitty:

Not amused: Screen shot 2015-06-12 at 8.18.20 PM.jpg Empirically, he's not a SACD fan, but seems to stay close for most DVD Audios even when played way too loud.

There's no way that the anti-skate is going to hit the bass by 7dB.

Back