Tweets from Andy P. re: Oranges and Lemons

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhhhh but wouldn't it be great if Andy threw us a curve ball and did a Dukes of Stratosphear 5.1 release. AWESOME!!! :banana:

That would indeed be a curveball, but I'm not expecting it, simply because I'm pretty sure Andy has said he doesn't plan on having any Dukes material remixed, or certainly at least not before the 'proper' XTC remixes are completed.

That would indeed be a curveball, but I'm not expecting it, simply because I'm pretty sure Andy has said he doesn't plan on having any Dukes material remixed, or certainly at least not before the 'proper' XTC remixes are completed.
Yes, focus on the core XTC releases first and then take the likes of The Dukes of Stratosphere, the Apple Wasp Venus or whatever it's called afterwards. Maybe the first two albums could be remixed before them?!

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Did Dave Gregory (former XTC guitarist) just confirm on his Facebook page that "Skylarking" will be the next XTC remix released?! If so, Yippee!!! :)
(BTW the first album he is referring to is "English Settlement".)
12729393_1036300379774468_7939058017882650489_n.jpg

Did Dave Gregory (former XTC guitarist) just confirm on his Facebook page that "Skylarking" will be the next XTC remix released?! If so, Yippee!!! :)

Wow, RT. I'll gladly place my newly acquired "Corrected Polarity edition" of Skylarking in mothballs if that IS the case!

I'd love to hear Skylarking get the SW treatment and it sure seems like that's the case. I like Todd R a lot, but he's often guilty of over-producing and making odd mix decisions that might work with his own stuff but not so much with other artists (like XTC). Todd did make a decent album with Skylarking, but I think a fresh approach to the mix has the potential to make it a great album.

...I like Todd R a lot, but he's often guilty of over-producing and making odd mix decisions that might work with his own stuff but not so much with other artists (like XTC)...

As a fellow huge Todd fan, I've more than once caught myself wishing he'd picked someone else to produce his own stuff... :)

By the way: I just heard third-hand from an old friend and fellow fan about another Facebook post from Andy, saying that the new 2LP remastering of English Settlement "sounds luscious," and that a Stephen Wilson 5.1 treatment will follow "later this year" when all the related material can be pulled together. I think this was from an XTC fan page on Facebook, or maybe Andy's page? I'm not on FB so can't say where this came from exactly. Any FB members out there seeing anything like this?

-- Jim

As a fellow huge Todd fan, I've more than once caught myself wishing he'd picked someone else to produce his own stuff... :)

By the way: I just heard third-hand from an old friend and fellow fan about another Facebook post from Andy, saying that the new 2LP remastering of English Settlement "sounds luscious," and that a Stephen Wilson 5.1 treatment will follow "later this year" when all the related material can be pulled together. I think this was from an XTC fan page on Facebook, or maybe Andy's page? I'm not on FB so can't say where this came from exactly. Any FB members out there seeing anything like this?

-- Jim

Are you thinking of this post by Dave Gregory on Facebook?
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ges-and-Lemons&p=283981&viewfull=1#post283981

Or is this something new that Andy said on Twitter?

Are you thinking of this post by Dave Gregory on Facebook?
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ges-and-Lemons&p=283981&viewfull=1#post283981

Or is this something new that Andy said on Twitter?

I think this was a comment from Andy's twitter yesterday. If I'm reading correctly, there is a new vinyl remaster of English Settlement coming soon and a reissue of the Skylarking vinyl boxset. Based on what Dave has said, a SW 5.1 of ES maybe the next surround release after Skylarking. So is Skylarking the next surround release? I'd love it, and it seems there is another release on the horizon. I'll just wait patiently for an official announcement for what's next. Mr. Partridge seems committed to doing as much of the XTC catalog in surround as possible.

I think this was a comment from Andy's twitter yesterday. If I'm reading correctly, there is a new vinyl remaster of English Settlement coming soon and a reissue of the Skylarking vinyl boxset. Based on what Dave has said, a SW 5.1 of ES maybe the next surround release after Skylarking. So is Skylarking the next surround release? I'd love it, and it seems there is another release on the horizon. I'll just wait patiently for an official announcement for what's next. Mr. Partridge seems committed to doing as much of the XTC catalog in surround as possible.

If "Skylarking" and "English Settlement" are indeed the next two surround releases, that's fantastic as both are amazing albums full of material (each have 15 songs), but like I have said before, any of the 80s albums from XTC (those two, plus "Black Sea", "Mummer", and "The Big Express") all deserve to be mixed and heard in surround sound, so I keep hoping that the tapes keep turning up so we can keep this series rolling, particularly when the King Crimson and Yes series are about to drop-off. :)

I like Skylarking a lot.

But I loooooooove English Settlement. It's their peak, IMO.

Jason and the Argonauts in 5.1? English Roundabout? It's Nearly Africa? All of a Sudden (It's Too Late)? No Thugs in Our House? :mad:@: The mind reels at the sonic possibilities.

I like Skylarking a lot.

But I loooooooove English Settlement. It's their peak, IMO.

Jason and the Argonauts in 5.1? English Roundabout? It's Nearly Africa? All of a Sudden (It's Too Late)? No Thugs in Our House? :mad:@: The mind reels at the sonic possibilities.

The mind reels at the sonic possibilities that await all of their 80s albums in surround sound as long as the ability is there to do so! (i.e. 'Raiders of the Lost Tapes') ;)

...Jason and the Argonauts in 5.1? English Roundabout? It's Nearly Africa? All of a Sudden (It's Too Late)? No Thugs in Our House? :mad:@: The mind reels at the sonic possibilities.

English Roundabout! If there were ever a better excuse to indulge in a bit of 360° panning surround silliness, I can't think what it would be. :mad:@:

-- Jim

Hoppla! Bring It on!

Missed this tweet a few days ago from Andy Partridge a few days ago. Still nothing specific but I enjoyed reading it all the same. :)

English countryside looked marvellous in the sun on the train journey back from Bath today.Good to be alive. Good news from Steven Wilson too

Back