Warning before the SA-CD of Kitaro"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadro-Action

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
As I have reported in another columne, we can buy in Germany also 2 SA-CD's of ""Kitaro" - one live and one recorded in a studio. Both have on the outside cover the Term "Surround". The Q-fan, which has now buyed the Kitaro studio-record told me now, that the term direct on the SA-CD will be "stereo" - and the recod is playing also only in stereo. I think, the same error could be also by offer this records in other countries.

Quadro-Action said:
As I have reported in another columne, we can buy in Germany also 2 SA-CD's of ""Kitaro" - one live and one recorded in a studio. Both have on the outside cover the Term "Surround". The Q-fan, which has now buyed the Kitaro studio-record told me now, that the term direct on the SA-CD will be "stereo" - and the recod is playing also only in stereo. I think, the same error could be also by offer this records in other countries.

The single SACD Kitaro disc ("Kojiki") is a Hybrid Stereo SACD while the 2 Disc Kitaro Live SACD ("Daylight, Moonlight: Live in Yakushiji") is a Hybrid Surround Sound SACD.

I believe they are stickered correctly in the U.S. market.

See my High Fidelity Review story on the Kitaro SACDs at
http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=14784182 for more details.

I seem to recall a Kitaro SQ LP from the '70s. It had a blue cover, and I think it was German.

Is this the same recording?

bmoura said:
The single SACD Kitaro disc ("Kojiki") is a Hybrid Stereo SACD while the 2 Disc Kitaro Live SACD ("Daylight, Moonlight: Live in Yakushiji") is a Hybrid Surround Sound SACD.

I believe they are stickered correctly in the U.S. market.

See my High Fidelity Review story on the Kitaro SACDs at
http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=14784182 for more details.
Thanks Brian Moura, for the tip of the reports about Kitaro and other surround recordings by the interesting web-side of High Fidelity Review.But the annoyance will be the wrong term "surround" for a stereo record, which needs back to the dealer for a retourn after something discussions. The same wrong term-problem we have had also by a SA-CD from "Yes".

Quadro-Action said:
Thanks Brian Moura, for the tip of the reports about Kitaro and other surround recordings by the interesting web-side of High Fidelity Review.But the annoyance will be the wrong term "surround" for a stereo record, which needs back to the dealer for a retourn after something discussions. The same wrong term-problem we have had also by a SA-CD from "Yes".

An SACD by Yes? I thought their recordings were only available on DVD-A.

bmoura said:
An SACD by Yes? I thought their recordings were only available on DVD-A.
Hi B.M. - for "variety" now also a mistake from me (but I don't have self this records - only another fan). I mean of course a SA-CD of "Creedence Clearwater Revival" - and now I was also told actual the same by a SA-CD of "Norah Jones" with wrong "surround" labels. I would say with my comment, that the buyer should sometimes test carefully, if the innerside is the same as the outside shows - by SA-CD's.

Quadro-Action said:
Hi B.M. - for "variety" now also a mistake from me (but I don't have self this records - only another fan). I mean of course a SA-CD of "Creedence Clearwater Revival" - and now I was also told actual the same by a SA-CD of "Norah Jones" with wrong "surround" labels. I would say with my comment, that the buyer should sometimes test carefully, if the innerside is the same as the outside shows - by SA-CD's.

The Norah Jones SACD is a Surround Sound disc. Are you saying that the European version has a Stereo SACD sticker on it ?

bmoura said:
The Norah Jones SACD is a Surround Sound disc. Are you saying that the European version has a Stereo SACD sticker on it ?
I have asked again the Q-Fan, which has buyed the Norah Jones SA-CD (Come Away With Me) and he has confirmed, that it is/was true: a multichannel-sticker and a stereo SA-CD. (The "Clearwater" I have self
changed by the - at first - incredulous dealer. We could mad the test direc by surround-set at his place). And another "joke" - the SA-CD of "Blues Company - from daybreak to heartbreak" will have no one sign or sticker on the packing or he "recod" self, that this is a suround-mix. And direct on the SA-CD label there is printed not SA-CD, but CD (INAK 9071) This jazz-like music and the suround-mix are for well listening.
And then we have the SA-CD of "Kagermann", which is further on by the dealer. There is a stereo-sticker, but below the cellophan-package is seen "surround-mix". If I would buy this SA-CD (I am not sure, if the music will satisfy me), I will test this record also direct by the dealer.
With my report I will not make a scare before buying SA-CD's, but there are indeed a few errors by the sticker-selection.

Quadro-Action said:
I have asked again the Q-Fan, which has buyed the Norah Jones SA-CD (Come Away With Me) and he has confirmed, that it is/was true: a multichannel-sticker and a stereo SA-CD.

Maybe the Q-Fan has a problem with his setup? Norah Jones is a brilliant surround disc even here in old Europe and labeled correctly...

Martin

MartinGr said:
Maybe the Q-Fan has a problem with his setup? Norah Jones is a brilliant surround disc even here in old Europe and labeled correctly...

Martin

Could be. I know that some find the Surround Mix of the Norah Jones SACD a bit subtle. Perhaps that is why he thinks it's a Stereo SACD.

bmoura said:
Could be. I know that some find the Surround Mix of the Norah Jones SACD a bit subtle. Perhaps that is why he thinks it's a Stereo SACD.
Thank's for your tips, martin and moura. Now I will test this SA-CD with my own equipment. Then I will look (or better listen), how the surround-sound works. You know, something is difficult - also by the newest technic. Dietrich

Back