What are the Rarest** MultiChannel SACDs?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I believe "Fantasies and Delusions" was a stereo SACD.

yes that is stereo only..but Billy Joel isn't actually playing or singing on that release...although it's the debut of some of his solo piano classical music pieces ..from memory I think he felt it was better if a regular classical pianist played them. ...I like it alot and I especially like the cover

May I sum up?

Groove Armada - Lovebox
Kodo - Mondo Head
Paul Van Dyk - Reflections
Alison Krauss & Union Station - New Favorite
Alison Krauss & Union Station - Live
Scorpions with the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra - Moment of Glory
Beck - Sea Change
Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell
Keane - Hopes And Fears

And in the "soon to be but not quite yet category":
O'Jays - Ship Ahoy
Deep Purple - Machine Head
Billy Joel - The Stranger
Billy Joel - 52nd Street

Do we agree? Are there others?

Not sure if it's just me, but i've had a real hard time trying to find Nektar's "Remember the Future". I've actually bought it twice and had to return both it times; having been sent the regular cd in lieu of the sacd.

Not sure if it's just me, but i've had a real hard time trying to find Nektar's "Remember the Future". I've actually bought it twice and had to return both it times; having been sent the regular cd in lieu of the sacd.

Me too, though only one return - from Caimen and they were assholes about it.

I believe there are two versions of Bat Out of Hell, a 5.1 & a stereo-only. Both are rare I think. HMV claims to have the 5.1 version (per the catalog number) in stock right now:

http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/967258

Correct. Bat Out of Hell was one of the early Sony Music SACDs that initially was released as a Stereo SACD and was later re-released as a Surround Sound + Stereo SACD.

Correct. Bat Out of Hell was one of the early Sony Music SACDs that initially was released as a Stereo SACD and was later re-released as a Surround Sound + Stereo SACD.

A photo of my SACD vault....you can see the stereo SACD of "Bat Out of Hell" in between a new int'l SACD version of "Kind of Blue" and the SACD of Michael Jackson's "Thriller"

Ikea002.jpg

The Billy Joel SACDs were rare for a while, but they're readily available at normal prices on Amazon as we speak. They're really well done, too, even the stereo-only "Innocent Man." :sun

I had not been to Best Buy after moving here so I took a trip today,pretty slim pickings,they had a couple of items mixed in with the rest of the cd's they had forgot to get rid of.I found Steve Miller's Fly like an Eagle and Meat Loaf SACD in stereo /multi. for $20 each.

A photo of my SACD vault....you can see the stereo SACD of "Bat Out of Hell" in between a new int'l SACD version of "Kind of Blue" and the SACD of Michael Jackson's "Thriller"

Ikea002.jpg

Lookin' good!! :smokin

Back