What are the Rarest** MultiChannel SACDs?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Jon. Unfortunately, the SACD of "Bat Out of Hell" was sold to a collector and I kinda regretted that decision. The SACD collection now is approach 400 titles....if not more than that already.

Hmm. It's that rare, eh?

I understand that the stereo version is from the master, but that the multichannel version had some fake stuff done to it because the multi's were lost. Is that correct?

The Billy Joel SACDs were rare for a while, but they're readily available at normal prices on Amazon as we speak. They're really well done, too, even the stereo-only "Innocent Man."

The problem with buying these online is verifying whether you're buying the stereo or stereo/multi version. I've had three different used CD sellers email back and tell me they "don't have time to check" after I explain why I'm asking and how to tell the difference. :mad:

Mark

This Scorpions release I can believe, first time I've ever noticed one popping up for auction .....but the Bat Out Of Hell 5.1 SACD??? Over the past 2 years it has been as common as dirt on Ebay at least, with very little interest shown in it. I see a copy hitting $50 on there right now, that seems to have only become the norm in the past month or so since someone posted "Rare- OOP" on their ads for it! Seems to me that the Billy Joel's have always been available, particularly from "Weezie", one of my favorite sellers. John S.

Thanks! I am going for it, but with my luck I will pay a lot and it will suck. Can anyone comment on the mix? Is it decent surround sound, or ambience? :confused:
You can get the DVD with a DTS soundtrack for $11 at fetch a disc. Best alternative, and so many of these discs can be a very rare play, as this one would be for me. SACD would be nice, this works fine and ya get the video.

Hmm. It's that rare, eh?

I understand that the stereo version is from the master, but that the multichannel version had some fake stuff done to it because the multi's were lost. Is that correct?

The version of "Bat Out of Hell" I had was the earlier 2 channel stereo version, which was what the buyer wanted. The paper slipcase, which is unique to the 2 channel stereo SACD, added to the value.

I'm in the same boat as everyone else here, scooping up discs before they get too rare. But, I would caution people to look at the HiRez Poll results before paying more than a buck or two for the Meatloaf SACD. Hint: start at the bottom!

The version of "Bat Out of Hell" I had was the earlier 2 channel stereo version, which was what the buyer wanted. The paper slipcase, which is unique to the 2 channel stereo SACD, added to the value.

:confused: The Stereo/Multi Ch also has a paper slipcase. Is it a different cover picture on the stereo only?

:confused: The Stereo/Multi Ch also has a paper slipcase. Is it a different cover picture on the stereo only?

I had the multi-channel SACD of "Bat Out of Hell" as well, but my disc had the standard plastic transparent slipcase. There was no picture on the plastic slipcase. Same situation happened with titles like Toto's "IV" and Miles davies' "Kind of Blue".

Generally, the earlier Sony single-layer SACD came with a paper slipcase that's unique to that particular release.

I had the multi-channel SACD of "Bat Out of Hell" as well, but my disc had the standard plastic transparent slipcase. There was no picture on the plastic slipcase. Same situation happened with titles like Toto's "IV" and Miles davies' "Kind of Blue".

Generally, the earlier Sony single-layer SACD came with a paper slipcase that's unique to that particular release.

I also have the Toto IV Multi-ch/stereo SACD with a picture paper slipcase

I also have the Toto IV Multi-ch/stereo SACD with a picture paper slipcase

Hmmmm....I've never seen such a slipcase.

Stereo Toto "IV" SACD

586116094_220c83ee4b.jpg

Multi-channel Toto "IV" SACD

586115496_03e4800233.jpg

OK, AudiA3....I see what you mean. And I finally look to the left side of the screen, underneath your moniker....Denmark. That's the reason. What you have is the European version of the SACD (although I have seen these on Asian auction sites as well), whereas I have the US version of the same title. Pictured below is the European version of the Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" SACD that I purchased from an internet seller from, I think, Singapore....

586141008_886fd1e12b.jpg

as opposed to the US version of the same SACD

586066560_ef892e8332.jpg

Back