What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting on the new Blu-ray Prince: Diamond and Pearl's. It landed in Chicago last Sunday.
Like Hiromi Iwasaki it will probably hang around there too long. Taking detours to museums, the fountain, and Navy Pier. Good thing I have the LD version to hold me over.

The Keane Hopes and Fears Dualdisc I ordered from an Amazon Marketplace turned out to be a fraud: a regular CD in a Dualdisc case. :oops: So that one is on his way back.
On the upside, I got notification that Van Morrison will be ready for pick-up tomorrow in my local CD-store.
And CDJapan claims that Billy Joel's 52nd Street (7" SACD reissue) is "In Stock at supplier", so ordered that one together with Hotel California by the Eagles.

The Keane Hopes and Fears Dualdisc I ordered from an Amazon Marketplace turned out to be a fraud: a regular CD in a Dualdisc case. :oops: So that one is on his way back.
On the upside, I got notification that Van Morrison will be ready for pick-up tomorrow in my local CD-store.
And CDJapan claims that Billy Joel's 52nd Street (7" SACD reissue) is "In Stock at supplier", so ordered that one together with Hotel California by the Eagles.
Do you have a link for the Billy Joel?? I can't find it at CDJapan!

CDJapan:
TOTO - IV
Santana - Welcome

Dutton Vocalion:
Tomita - Ravel, Daphnis et Chloe
Tomita - Firebird
Return To Forever - Musicmagic
George Benson - Body Talk
Herbie Hancock - Sextant
Grover Washington Jr. - Soul Box

JPC:
Van Morrison - Moondance

I'm in sort of the opposite boat to fellow posters as I'm waiting not on surround discs, but my entire surround system. I've been sending about 90% of recently-ordered surround box sets and discs to my lady's home in Canada for the last 18 months, and now that I'm here, my system is in a shipping container somewhere in Sydney (i.e. my Oppo 205 & 203, Parasound Halo P7 pre-amp, Emotive XPA-7 Gen 3 power amp, Surround Master V3, 5 speakers, an SVS subwoofer, and a partridge in a pear tree).

So, while it was fun to unbox/unpack all those orders now I'm here, I look at her setup (just a Denon D-M40 micro stereo), and feel sad and envious of you all who are just waiting on the odd disc to arrive in a relatively short time, while my cargo is expected to take up to three months to get here, and it ain't even left the port yet.

The things we do for love, eh? ;)

I'm in sort of the opposite boat to fellow posters as I'm waiting not on surround discs, but my entire surround system. I've been sending about 90% of recently-ordered surround box sets and discs to my lady's home in Canada for the last 18 months, and now that I'm here, my system is in a shipping container somewhere in Sydney (i.e. my Oppo 205 & 203, Parasound Halo P7 pre-amp, Emotive XPA-7 Gen 3 power amp, Surround Master V3, 5 speakers, an SVS subwoofer, and a partridge in a pear tree).

So, while it was fun to unbox/unpack all those orders now I'm here, I look at her setup (just a Denon D-M40 micro stereo), and feel sad and envious of you all who are just waiting on the odd disc to arrive in a relatively short time, while my cargo is expected to take up to three months to get here, and it ain't even left the port yet.

The things we do for love, eh? ;)
I was going to say that being in Canada with long winter nights where staying in might be the best option, you’d have plenty of time to listen to all that stuff. But three months... wow. Won’t be winter any more.

I’m sure we all send our best wishes for patience and endurance.

I was going to say that being in Canada with long winter nights where staying in might be the best option, you’d have plenty of time to listen to all that stuff. But three months... wow. Won’t be winter any more.

I’m sure we all send our best wishes for patience and endurance.
Cheers, thanks for your kind words. I will, nevertheless, have a man cave (one of those enormous Canadian basements) to deck out in some sort of Atmos way that I haven't had before, so there is some light at the end of this long, dark Canadian winter.

Er, a tad off-topic, but for any of you living in similarly cold climes who have these gas-fired furnaces in your basement, how the hell can you make them quieter? My system will end up as 7.2.4 + "surround right furnace" if I can't reduce the noise of the thing. Maybe pm me to avoid derailing this thread if you can help with any suggestions? Thanks.

Peter Gabriel - I/O (2CD/BR)
Porcupine Tree - Closure/Continuation Live (Deluxe 2CD/2BR)
Pineapple Thief - Nothing but the truth

Bruce Soord - Caught In The Hum
#SDE 16 Def Leppard - Diamond stars halos
Pineapple Thief - It leads to this

Wow! Look what showed up finally!!! Must be Camel..
IMG_7828.jpeg

Back